• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk |OT| The Golden Age

Tizoc

So I'm running this in Win 7 compatibility because it suggested it.
I have a GTX 970M, but am unable to reach 60 FPS; does borederless gaming fix this?
Also the game crashed after the Guts vs. Griffith anime scene. I was talking with the gang and the game crashed giving me this error message:
'pure virtual function call'

Anyone knows what causes this?

pa22word

So I'm running this in Win 7 compatibility because it suggested it.
I have a GTX 970M, but am unable to reach 60 FPS; does borederless gaming fix this?
Also the game crashed after the Guts vs. Griffith anime scene. I was talking with the gang and the game crashed giving me this error message:
'pure virtual function call'

Anyone knows what causes this?

You just gotta let go of 60fps. It's absolutely not happening on any rig as far as I know. I have a stoutly overclocked 980ti and a handsomely overclocked 7700k and the game doesn't hold a stable 60fps for me on mixed high/medium settings. Something is fucked up on the backend of the game I think, because mid game I did a rebuild of my rig and the new cpu (i7 960 > 7700k) didn't really change anything and unless I crank the game to 4K then my GPU usage is in the 50s. Just fyi, resolution had no impact on framerate either. Environmental effects and grass seem to harm the game the worst so I'd dump those down first if you want better fps.

As for the crash, no idea. I had a few crashes here and there with the game so as long as it's not happening repeatedly I'd just say it was shit luck.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Surprised how good the plot is for being a summary. Just finished Golden Age and thought the map adaptations were pretty clever. It felt like playing an exaggerated version of the old anime.

Surprised how good the plot is for being a summary. Just finished Golden Age and thought the map adaptations were pretty clever. It felt like playing an exaggerated version of the old anime.

Yeah, especially when the infamous 100-man slayer kills 1000+ in every battle lol.

I'm enjoying it though. Just finished off Mozgus.

Momentary

Banned
Played this on PC. Just finished the game and it was not very good. It was tolerable, but the previous PS2 game was better than this by a long shot. The combat was repetitive. The story jumped all over the place and left some gaps from the source material. I had issues with the XB1 controller's RT button not working for transformations. The games graphics did not warrant how demanding it was on GPUs. You need a monster setup to play this at 1440p@60FPS and that with environmental settings turned down. With that said, this is one of their better ports. They've had worse performance and controller issues.

The only thing that was remotely enjoyable was the Berserker Armor, but even then the game just looked ridiculous because his attacks looked like someone just hit the fast forward button. The attacks would have looked so much better if it was stepped down to maybe half that speed. It looked ridiculous and not in a good way.

I guess that's to be expected from an assembly line Omega Force musou game. Even then, this is one of their worst.

I platinumed this on PS4. I really don't know why, because the grind to get all characters to level 100 of the Endless Eclipse was kind of tedious.

I still enjoyed a lot of the game. I often enjoy the occasional musou and adding Berserk in the mix added a little something for me.

Other than that (small spoiler):

Fuck Femto

Played this on PC. Just finished the game and it was not very good. It was tolerable, but the previous PS2 game was better than this by a long shot. The combat was repetitive.

Just beat it also. I thought this too (the bolded) at first, but it has kinda grown on me in that mowing down hordes of enemies with the admittedly simple combos is actually quite fun. I haven't tried any other characters, but this does a good job of making you feel like Guts. And personally I was impressed that it went all the way to the boat for the storyline.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So I read all of Berserk over the path four weeks or so. I never read mangas usually, but thought this one was good enough even though it headed in a weird less horror-ish direction when they got the witch along. I really liked the more gloomy tone it originally had, I tend to skip the pages where they just endlessly talk about magic. I thought for sure Farnese was going to be a complete evil psycho bitch who would get off from killing people and go all evil.

Anyway, anyone has something similar to recommend? I looked for a Record of the Lodoss War since I remember that anime from way back, but there is no manga. Or something sci-fi like would be good too. Anything not chibbyish, something in line with Akira, Berserk, GitS 1996 movie, Ninja Scroll, Patlabor, Wings of Honneamise.

edit: Damn, this is the gaming thread! Sorry

I don't get the negativity around this game. It is downright amazing. Both for Berserk games and Musou games standards. This might end in my Top 5 of the year and become my favorite Musou-game. It's already safe to say that this is the best Berserk game.

And it is so great to see that they basically put half of the anime into the game. Most anime-based Musou games only get slightly animated images from the anime or in-engine-stuff only.

didn't expect much from this so it was fun to me.

One nitpick was the costumes seemed a little lazy. Guts has 3 shirtless skins but not the iconic black tanktop. rude

They really did a nice job with Guts gameplay, even though the Wolf armor thing moveset seems to do the same combo no matter what you press.

didn't expect much from this so it was fun to me.

One nitpick was the costumes seemed a little lazy. Guts has 3 shirtless skins but not the iconic black tanktop. rude

They really did a nice job with Guts gameplay, even though the Wolf armor thing moveset seems to do the same combo no matter what you press.

Yeah Berserker armor was slightly hard to control, but that actually seems kind of appropriate haha. Deals amazing damage for sure.

Top Bottom