• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk launches this fall in the west

thanks to gematsu
http://gematsu.com/2016/07/koei-tecmo-berserk-launches-fall-west

Koei Tecmo’s Omega Force-developed Berserk game will launch physically for PlayStation 4, and digitally for PS Vita and PC via Steam this fall in North America and Europe, the company announced.

English website: http://www.koeitecmoeurope.com/berserk/

ss1_1.jpg

ss1_2.jpg

ss1_3.jpg

ss2_1.jpg

ss2_2.jpg

ss2_3.jpg

ss3_1.jpg

ss3_2.jpg

ss3_3.jpg

TreIII

Figured as such. The fact that they had promotion materials for the Western version ready at the same time as the JP version pointed to the likelihood that the two versions were going to be released close together.

I'm ready~!

DrArchon

Hope the PC port is good. I've heard mixed things about Musou PC ports though, so I'm not holding my breath for a masterpiece right out of the gate.

CSX

Hope the PC port is good. I've heard mixed things about Musou PC ports though, so I'm not holding my breath for a masterpiece right out of the gate.

PC ports overall ran well but the problem is that they were always based on the PS3 version of the game. So the games always looked last-gen. Since it's coming to PS4 and Vita , we are hoping they wont use the vita version as a base instead lol...

Zafir

PC ports overall ran well but the problem is that they were always based on the PS3 version of the game. So the games always looked last-gen. Since it's coming to PS4 and Vita , we are hoping they wont use the vita version as a base instead lol...

Nah, some of them didn't even run well.

Dynasty Warriors 8 came out with constant crashing issues which took a long time to be fixed. One Piece 3 Pirate Warriors came out with graphical options that were totally broken, and were never fixed. Bladestorm flat out doesn't work with certain graphics options on certain cards.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Is there a reason its coming out so soon and we haven't even seen proper gameplay footage? I don't think the game will be bad because its a musou but we've barely seen anything about the game but some screen shots and one short trailer.

CSX

Dynasty Warriors 8 came out with constant crashing issues which took a long time to be fixed. One Piece 3 Pirate Warriors came out with graphical options that were totally broken, and were never fixed. Bladestorm flat out doesn't work with certain graphics options on certain cards.

ah i see. I only played DW8 and DW8E on PC and didn't have any graphical/crashing problems. Didn't know it was such a problem with other musou titles.

DrArchon

Oh jeeze. That's rougher than anything I heard about. I really hope that either they get their act together or someone can mod the games to an acceptable level of quality soon after release.

I wasn't planning on pre-ordering anyway, so I'll just wait for reviews/mods.

Thud

Can we use the frustation the anime caused to mow down some demons, Berserk relief simulator. Smart move.

MegaMelon

I just started reading the manga a little while ago. Storywise when does this take place/up to where are there spoilers?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I just started reading the manga a little while ago. Storywise when does this take place/up to where are there spoilers?

Its going deep into the series, upwards of the Volumes in the mid 20's range, so yeah, full of spoilers.

Momentary

Banned

They don't run well. They are crap. It took me 3 hours to figure out how to stop Samurai Warriors from crashing. All their games have either fluctuating frame rates, stuttering, vsync issues, graphic options that flat out don't work, diagonal screen tears, missing character models, controls are fucked up

The list goes on. The ratings are bloated on STEAM from rabid fans. People who recently purchased the game who aren't diehards are not happy.

Their games also have serious issues on Windows 10 and mobile GPUs.

Koei Tecmo ports fucking suck.

RK9039

tumblr_mht9i0tfB01rpbbg3o1_400.gif

I'm not ready.

They don't run well. They are crap. It took me 3 hours to figure out how to stop Samurai Warriors from crashing. All their games have either fluctuating frame rates, stuttering, vsync issues, graphic options that flat out don't work, diagonal screen tears, missing character models, controls are fucked up

The list goes on. The ratings are bloated on STEAM from rabid fans. People who recently purchased the game who aren't diehards are not happy.

Their games also have serious issues on Windows 10 and mobile GPUs.

Koei Tecmo ports fucking suck.

The only game I own from them is One Piece, bought it during the sale, it actually runs really well but is based on the PS3 version.

Tizoc

We should atart a twitter campaign or the like so they can make the pc ver something that is actually good.

MegaMelon

Its going deep into the series, upwards of the Volumes in the mid 20's range, so yeah, full of spoilers.

seems to go till the current vol judging by the last pic

Judging by those pics I would say you'd want to finish the Manga volumes that have been released before starting this game.

I think the plan's actually to get pretty close to where the manga is. Maybe an arc or two before.

Cheers guys, I'm glad I didn't check the link out then.

Momentary

Banned
tumblr_mht9i0tfB01rpbbg3o1_400.gif

I'm not ready.

The only game I own from them is One Piece, bought it during the sale, it actually runs really well but is based on the PS3 version.

It was based on the PS4 version but the graphics options don't work. I ran it on Windows 10 with a mobile Maxwell (980m) and it's missing character models during cut scenes. Also the game is locked 59fps which causes micro stuttering as well.

So if your running it with similar specs without issue, then that's pretty amazing.

Quick release guarantees there's no chance (or precedent) to reassemble the english dub cast.

Time to make a mod where I isolate lines from the movies and anime to insert into the PC version.

Zukkoyaki

It's brought up in every thread but how the **** does Omega Force develop so many games at one time? Good/competent ones at that?? Just this year they're releasing Attack on Titan, Berserk, AND Toukiden 2...

On-Topic: I've no exposure to Berserk media but this game looks rad.

mcz117chief

It's brought up in every thread but how the **** does Omega Force develop so many games at one time? Good ones at that??

That's easy. They have one framework and just swap skins and make a couple of new animations :)

Fisty

How is Omega Force with Vita ports? Portability and price might push me toward that, but if performance is bad I'd settle for PS4

Damn I just preordered an import copy from Play-Asia thinking the western release was 2017... Any chance I can cancel that? Lol

If not, I'll be playing in September rather than October or November.

But I'm hype! I just read through almost all the manga. It was soooo good.
Up to the end of Millenium Arc, which was holy Sh** awesome. Stopped there because I don't want to catch up and then be on the IV drip forever. The game is stopping there too.

I'm here because of Dark Souls and Miyazaki, and I'm glad I jumped into the Berserk series. The game looks amazing and Musou really fits the series with how Guts just tears through his enemies like butter. Glad to see they're keeping the same dark tone along with the gore and dismemberment.

cireza

Banned
It's brought up in every thread but how the **** does Omega Force develop so many games at one time? Good/competent ones at that?? Just this year they're releasing Attack on Titan, Berserk, AND Toukiden 2...

What is really impressive is the quantity of graphics assets they output. The engine is pretty much the same, but they must have an army of graphics designers to make so much content and animations.

RK9039

It was based on the PS4 version but the graphics options don't work. I ran it on Windows 10 with a mobile Maxwell (980m) and it's missing character models during cut scenes. Also the game is locked 59fps which causes micro stuttering as well.

So if your running it with similar specs without issue, then that's pretty amazing.

No I have worse specs, I guess I just don't notice the stuttering.

Top Bottom