• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk Musou (PS4/PC/Vita in the West) has first images shared by store flyer, info

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The game is out September 21st in Japan.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/koei-tecmos-berserk-launches-september-21-japan

Images (store flyer, not a magazine):

berserk-musou-dated-jkuk87.jpg

berserk-musou-dated-jy6kcb.jpg

And here's some information about the game:

some info from the magazines. I don't know Berserk so not sure with some of the terms

-The game takes place from golden age upto black swordsman
-Some scenes from 1997 anime and movie are used, as well as brand new stuff for the game. There will be a lot of scenes.
-the game is not directly tied with the newly airing Berserk anime. The game is made so even people who are not familiar with Berserk can enjoy
-There are huge boss battles, 1v1 against boss, fighting against small enemies and boss popping up during the battle
-lots of boss characters in the game, like zodd and bull/ox monster.
-Guts' fighting style changes as the story progresses in the manga, and the game will reflect that in the gameplay
-As with other Musou games, Guts is not the only playble character.
-the game's visual style will be similar to the poster
-The core target audience for the game is the fans of the original manga. But newcomers will also be able to enjoy the game.
-Japan and West have different restrictions for gore/erotic. Japan is more strict on gore stuff, while West is more strict on erotic stuff. So they want to get the balance right while staying true to the original.
-they will release a video featuring Guts soon.

JayEH

I was down on the game announcement since it was a musou but it's berserk and I really can't not buy a new berserk game.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Because they want extra money. Not like it's gonna hurt anything.

If it means watering it down for the general audience, then f that.

People are buying this game cause it's Berserk, a hard, dark fantasy with lots of blood and gore.

Also golden age again makes me sad.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Curious to see how this looks in motion though that shot of all the soldiers flying up in the air doesn't look very gory.

raven777

People are buying this game cause it's Berserk, a hard, dark fantasy with lots of blood and gore.

What they mean by making people who are not familiar with Berserk can enjoy means that people who didn't read manga or watch anime can understand the game. It means in terms of understanding the story, not toning it down for people who don't like gore.

Sesha

Looks about how I'd expect. I guess the span of the story eliminates some of the later Apostles like Irvine and Rakshas.

Maximo

Not a huuuge Berserk fan but I love the lore and the world, super interested in seeing how the game turns out.

Koei hasn't fucked up the source material for anything by watering it down. If anything they've ran with the assumption that people already know the source material too much (see gundam games and one piece games) and have only recently gotten better.

Momentary

Banned
How come people keep saying this is the golden age arc when I haven't seen anything related to it other than Caska getting raped during the eclipse? Even Griffiths armor is the one worn after his rebirth into human flesh.

All the pics hint towards the Black Swordsman and onwards.

silva1991

Good for people who care, but man Berserk deserve better :/

being musou means I'll be fighting a million generic enemy at the same time most of the time right? ugh.

Good for people who care, but man Berserk deserve better :/

being musou means I'll be fighting a million generic enemy at the same time most of the time right? ugh.

this is called buckling up and putting your money where your mouth is.

'Berserk deserves better' doesn't mean shit when we have a bad looking CG anime coming out and a musou game. Support the title in hopes it sells well enough and people realize it might be a show worth exploring.

Complaining it deserves better and not supporting it is fine, but why would a publisher make more.

How come people keep saying this is the golden age arc when I haven't seen anything related to it other than Caska getting raped during the eclipse? Even Griffiths armor is the one worn after his rebirth into human flesh.

All the pics hint towards the Black Swordsman and onwards.

Despite the translated wording, I definitely take it to mean that "up to Black Swordsman arc" means means "including Black Swordsman arc."

As for the picture of the berserker armor, either my memory of the timeline is fuzzy but I think that comes way later. Attack on Titan musou had a couple extra side missions with that jumped around in continuity, so it could be the same here.

Merc_

lol at people who seriously thought they would make a Berserk Musou without the Golden Age arc.

I'm pumped for this game!

Daingurse

I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors style game in a number of years. Still, I think I could have some fun with this. I was having a hell of a good time with that Dreamcast game, when I got into Berserk a couple of years ago lol.

YES! Exactly what I wanted! Golden age to Black Swordsman arc! We gon' get the Casca we deserve! Might even get to play as Griffith! W00t!
EXCLAMATION POINT!

Please, please, please let this lead to a full-fledged stand-alone Berserk game!

You can always wait for Berserk Musou 2 and 3.
Do you think there are chances for a non-musou Berserk?

Top Bottom