• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT, GUTS IS THE GOAT - Berserk #363 22/01/2021

Helios

EUSPfIHXQAUu_cL

For those that thought there were news on the next chapter.
You got bamboozled.

Javthusiast

Banned
Young Animal announced BERSERK RETURNING ON APRIL 24TH

EU_h_HOXsAAkAog

Watch them delay that shit, now that japan is finally starting to take corona seriously and go on lockdowns. Jump at least releases their stuf digitally, but even there I fear we are gonna hit with delays soon, but does the publication of Berserk have a digital version?

mcz117chief

Watch them delay that shit, now that japan is finally starting to take corona seriously and go on lockdowns. Jump at least releases their stuf digitally, but even there I fear we are gonna hit with delays soon, but does the publication of Berserk have a digital version?
Reminds of the Highschool of the Dead situation. The story was quickly running out of steam and then an earthquake happened, after which he took over 2 year long hiatus because he fell into some depression spiral, got sick and all that. Then he released one chapter, which was pretty meh, and then said he is done with the thing, after some years of silence, and that he will never continue the story. Who knows, maybe Berserk will never be finished as well.

Javthusiast

Banned
Reminds of the Highschool of the Dead situation. The story was quickly running out of steam and then an earthquake happened, after which he took over 2 year long hiatus because he fell into some depression spiral, got sick and all that. Then he released one chapter, which was pretty meh, and then said he is done with the thing, after some years of silence, and that he will never continue the story. Who knows, maybe Berserk will never be finished as well.

Despite Miura taking his time, because of the detailed art etc. he definitely wants to finish the manga.

The Highschool of the Dead situation is entirely different. The writer of that series passed away from a heart disease, the artist, his brother, doesn't wanna continue out of respect and because he wouldn't know what his brother had in mind for the rest of the story.

lifa-cobex

Well that was a nice little treat.

Christ i had actually forgotten about Casca. Took me a second to remember what was going on.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
God i hope so, without them he can go full beast mode.
I see him going along and when shit goes down and he starts losing, we might have an ala endgame part where the witches and his gang show up to help him in a serious way
"Guts this is Casca......on your left."
I think Casca with deal with her shit and in the end be a very big help to Guts defeating Griffith and taking back her pride and sanity she lost when he raped ber

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Deluxe Edition 5 comes out next week. At the rate they release these I will be caught up to you guys in a few years. Don't go anywhere.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Delayed till July 22nd
You'll probably kill me for saying this, but I bought the original Berserk Anime remastered set about 4-years ago. However, I bought so much anime...that I've still never gotten around to watching it. I've been careful not to read anything spoiler related in this thread. I'll get to it though. I've been taking advantage of this quarantine to watch my huge backlog of classic anime.

Mista

Banned
You'll probably kill me for saying this, but I bought the original Berserk Anime remastered set about 4-years ago. However, I bought so much anime...that I've still never gotten around to watching it. I've been careful not to read anything spoiler related in this thread. I'll get to it though. I've been taking advantage of this quarantine to watch my huge backlog of classic anime.
You need to read the manga. Berserk didn't get the anime adaptation it deserves

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
That happens a lot with anime. Speculation, that may be why manga tends to be more respected in Japan than anime. I'll take your word for it. How big is the manga library for Berserk?

The 90s anime was amazing. The atmosphere was incredibly engrossing, they knew when to use the soundtrack (which has some outstanding tracks) and when not to use it. The Japanese voice acting was also excellent in how it sounded like real people talking and not performers. This adaptation felt “real” and mature like a live tv show which was perfectly fitting for the Golden Age arc. It compels you to take the story seriously as opposed to regular anime.

Granted the budget for the old anime wasn’t big but the studio knew how to be economical with the animation and still deliver solid scenes.

Mista

Banned
The 90s anime was amazing. The atmosphere was incredibly engrossing, they knew when to use the soundtrack (which has some outstanding tracks) and when not to use it. The Japanese voice acting was also excellent in how it sounded like real people talking and not performers. This adaptation felt “real” and mature like a live tv show which was perfectly fitting for the Golden Age arc. It compels you to take the story seriously as opposed to regular anime.

Granted the budget for the old anime wasn’t big but the studio knew how to be economical with the animation and still deliver solid scenes.
True, can't disagree. Unfortunately it doesn't represent the greatness of Berserk

90s anime was very very well made. I just wish we have a new adaptation because Berserk deserves it

God Enel

True, can't disagree. Unfortunately it doesn't represent the greatness of Berserk

90s anime was very very well made. I just wish we have a new adaptation because Berserk deserves it
90e anime was great. Then I watched the abomination that was released in ..2016? Or so stopped watching after the first episode and Switched to the manga.
Curious if we’re going to see the new one on July 22

Top Bottom