• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best 2020 Television for Next Gen

TAS

Nov 21, 2005
3 years later and the long awaited price drop for OLED hasn't arrived. Should I bite or endure another year?
I recently upgraded from a Panasonic plasma to the LG CX. Best money I ever spent on a piece of tech. The investment might seem steep upfront but honestly, for the unbeatable image quality coupled with all the tech the tv is packing, it's actually a great deal.

Illo

Jul 19, 2017
Just bought a LG GX 55inch. I had it price matched for $1496 and now I'm hyped for when its delivered and installed. Im getting a LG 5.1 Dolby Atmos soundbar installed alongside with it. So I'm set for next gen.

The TV replacing my 6 year old 1080p 55in Samsung TV. So catching up to 4k, HDR and then OLED is a pretty big jump from what I'm used to.

I keep comparing the CX and GX on Rtings and its just overall interesting seeing the differences in the build and screen.

Question for anyone able to answer:
For a Soundbar I read a review suggesting to use both the optical and HDMI for the best sound. Which doesn't make sense to me because I thought you can only use one to pass sound through?