• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best box art of 2009?

I saw a thread for the worst but not for the best.

borderlandsboxart.jpg

Awesome concept and execution, best of the year in my opinion.

What are your picks for best box art of the year?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I like that the Borderlands cover is unique, but I don't care the the actual art.

I probably sound like a broken record with how often I mention this game, but I love the Demon's Souls box art. Try to imagine it without the "PLAYSTATION playstation Playstation"

157z93.jpg

Forza 3 BA is sexy.

Euphor!a

Banned
Asian Demon's Souls/US Deluxe Demon's Souls.

I don't think a boxart has ever portrayed their respective game better.

mjc

demons_souls_deluxe_edition_w_artbook_soundtrack_cd

It displays the essence of the game. Dark, moody, and the knight is beaten down to the ground. Plus its all shiny.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
mjc said:
demons_souls_deluxe_edition_w_artbook_soundtrack_cd

It displays the essence of the game. Dark, moody, and the knight is beaten down to the ground. Plus its all shiny.
My vote goes to this one, even if i havent played the game.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Not really a game, but
[/IMG]http://loot-ninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/mgs4-sagadvd.jpg[/IMG]

nvm. lol, I fail.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I personally think that both of the Demon's Souls cases are kind of poorly composed. Probably because I think that title art is kind of wank.

I really liked the Street Fighter 4 case.

35nbkty.jpg

stalker

Add me to the Demon's Souls cover (Asian, NA Deluxe).

Simply beautiful and a very good artistic interpretation of how the game feels when you play it.

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
new-super-mario-bros-wii-box-art-419x590.jpg

It will always be new.

I think this box art covers the nature of the game more than any other this year. There you have it. 4 people playing together having a fun time. There are enemies & powerups and pipes. And it's NEW!

Bamihap said:
I think this box art covers the nature of the game more than any other this year. There you have it. 4 people playing together having a fun time. There are enemies & powerups and pipes. And it's NEW!
The boxart totally makes it look like the Yoshis are the playable characters.

60938-forside.jpg

Would post the UK version for the superior PS3-ness, but for some reason they moved the guy behind the tower. Looks like he's about to walk away carrying it under his arm.

The Borderlands cover is cool because of the snazzy cardboard sleeve.
2pq9fz4.jpg

(curse you for pointing out the penis)

Macmanus

I generally dislike the negativity the swells within the gaf community, but now I just can't help myself.

Every single piece posted so far is at best mediocre. Most of them are pure garbage. The thread where gaf created classic gaming covers features the best box art of all time, despite the fact that it is non-existant.

Maybe it's my aversion of trying to jam as much shit as possible into a single frame and instead opting with the minimalist approach. I'm not sure.

I remember the Japanese version of SotN having a good box. Not much beyond that. Maybe the new Mega Man this year because it was retro fun?

Top Bottom