• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy is having a B2G1 sale (Oct 25- Oct 31). X360, PS3, Wii games, $59.99 or less

KiNeSiS

Banned
*Shoots Self*

I just bought Arkam Asylum, BlazBlue & Crushed today....

This hurts worst then fucking myself in deadspace & having to start over my whole file again at some point.....
* sigh *

Cool, I guess, but I'm already overloaded on games from the recent B2G1 sales at Toys r Us and Amazon.

Lack of DS titles kinda kills this deal for me as well.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
I will be there day one Best Buy. Day ONE!!...

Uncharted 2 (yeah i still dont have it ), Demon's Soul, FIFA 10!!!

Degen

Hmm, $150 for the special edition of Tekken 6, or $120 for Tekken 6 and two other full-priced PS3 games? Decisions...

...baaahahahahaha

Demon's Souls/Uncharted 2/dat mango T6 (to deal with scrubs)

Uncharted 2
Tekken 6

and

help out.....Brutal legend? or Demon souls?

don't know anything about demon souls what type of game is it?

Shapingo

CartridgeBlower said:
Does Best Buy do placeholders? I want to get Demon's Souls as soon as possible with this deal before it sells out on the 25th, but Ratchet doesn't come out until the 27th. Can you buy a third game and then return it for Ratchet? Don't know Best Buy's policies but that seems like it would be kosher.

This, I would really like Modern Warfare 2.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
We have no idea if Best Buy will do placeholders considering this is their first time doing a B2G1 deal I think. Preorders won't work since you can only put $5 down on a preorder and not the full value.

Legendbyname

Neo Member
This thread is full of questions but...

Will Best Buy let you buy 3 of the same game you think? Me and some friends wanna pick up Borderlands and $40 a piece isn't too bad. I'm guessing they'll think I'm reselling them though...

AniHawk

Fuck.

I wonder if you can use a placeholder on this.

Thank god I didn't open A Boy and his Blob yet. I can return the three games to TRU and buy 2 of the 3 I want from Best Buy. PLUS I'll get about $30 in discounts.

tanod

when is my burrito
Awesome.

I'm thinking Demon's Souls, Infamous and Ratchet.

I traded in a bunch of old games to get Uncharted 2 and NGS2 last week.

I wasn't planning on getting anything else this year and wait for price drops. Also I wasn't planning on getting Ratchet until it got to be around $30. This is perfect.

With those three in the bag, God of War collection is the only other release that's a must buy from me this year. The only other thing I might consider is Batman: AA but I think I can wait for that.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I hate that us employees have to choose between either a) employee discount, or b) sales. So we can't mix this sale with our discounts. :[

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Hmmm...Batman, Forza 3, and...Tekken 6? I can't decide on third game. I already have DS, and Borderlands doesn't look very interesting.

Aeon712

omg rite said:
I hate that us employees have to choose between either a) employee discount, or b) sales. So we can't mix this sale with our discounts. :[
We only save like 10$ tops on games, this is so much better.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Wow another sale I'll probably participate in. I fully expected to by R+C, but what other game should I get?

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I'm going to take a wild guess and say bestbuy.

Duh, I'm slow. But I wonder if that's a more universal rule with retailers, that you can't get the employee discount like if you worked for Toyrus also or something.

Though at best with retail it's like 10 dollars discount only, so best to opt for the sale instead.

Wario64 said:
We have no idea if Best Buy will do placeholders considering this is their first time doing a B2G1 deal I think. Preorders won't work since you can only put $5 down on a preorder and not the full value.

BB did B2G1 on DS games before but I'm not sure what the rules ended up being. Perhaps questions have been answered though since it has been done before though.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Duh, I'm slow. But I wonder if that's a more universal rule with retailers, that you can't get the employee discount like if you worked for Toyrus also or something.

Though at best with retail it's like 10 dollars discount only, so best to opt for the sale instead.

If I think I understand you right you're saying you can't get a discount at bestbuy even if you work there if you also work at say toysrus? They don't care where else you work. Pretty much no employer lets you use your employee stuff on already discounted/promotional items usually though.

Chairhome

Want to get Tekken 6 here, but kinda want the pre-order code for the CTS skin. Might get T6 from Amazon, then get 3 more games from here, but that's wallet overkill :-(

Dead

well not really...yet
Oh fuck, I just bought a game there last week

You guys think they would pricematch that game for the deal this week?

damn i had been pretty good about not buying many games. infact, since june i had only bought batman arkham and madden.

now this month i have bought NBA 2k10 beta (finished game is coming in a few weeks), demon's souls (should be here tomorrow), and the 3 games from toys r us.

u got me videogame industry. you got me again :(

unomas

Banned
Been thinking about getting a PS3, now might be the right time with some of the games available. I was thinking Uncharted 2, Tekken 6, and Little Big Planet GOTY, Ratchet and Clank, or Brutal Legend. I've got an unopened copy of Brutal Legend in front of me, but I haven't opened it yet for 360. I'm thinking of getting rid of my 360 altogether. Any thoughts on the third game between those 3?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Dead said:
Oh fuck, I just bought a game there last week

You guys think they would pricematch that game for the deal this week?

just buy the game again this week and return that copy with last weeks receipt

unomas said:
Been thinking about getting a PS3, now might be the right time with some of the games available. I was thinking Uncharted 2, Tekken 6, and Little Big Planet GOTY, Ratchet and Clank, or Brutal Legend. I've got an unopened copy of Brutal Legend in front of me, but I haven't opened it yet for 360. I'm thinking of getting rid of my 360 altogether. Any thoughts on the third game between those 3?
They are either going to be discounted fast or aren't worth the asking price in the first place, get Demon's Souls.

unomas

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
They are either going to be discounted fast or aren't worth the asking price in the first place, get Demon's Souls.

I'm not an RPG guy, isn't Demon's Souls an RPG?

ZeoVGM

Banned
KiNeSiS said:
*Shoots Self*

I just bought Arkam Asylum, BlazBlue & Crushed today....

This hurts worst then fucking myself in deadspace & having to start over my whole file again at some point.....
* sigh *

Dude, bring the receipt back to the store and get a price match. A lot of managers will allow that.

Quake1028

I just got Borderlands today as a gift. Will keep it sealed and go in on Sunday.

Borderlands

2 from
Smackdown
FIFA 10
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Placeholders for Dragon Age and/or MW2

TenshiOni said:
Oh shi--!

Demon's Souls, for sure.

Stuck between the following for the remaining two, though:

Borderlands
Ratchet & Clank
Muramasa
ODST
Rock Band: Beatles

Hmm....

TenshiOni said:

That game. Be sure to get THAT game.

MrPliskin said:
FUCK.

Just bought Ratchet and Clank + Tekken 6. I wonder if I can cancel from Amazon.com if it hasn't shipped yet?

Yes you can.
Wario64 said:

Maybe preorders can be done online like at Toys R' Us's sale?

Top Bottom