• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy is having a B2G1 sale (Oct 25- Oct 31). X360, PS3, Wii games, $59.99 or less

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You wanted Demon's Souls but couldn't cause TRU sucked? Well here's your chance.

sloihl.jpg

Some notes:

Preorders will most likely not work with this deal since Best Buy only lets you put down $5 on a preorder. Plus it probably doesn't even count as a game.

Placeholders will most likely get shot down since Best Buy is not as stupid as TRU:

With Best Buy they do a "package discount" meaning that if you return 1 you generally have to return all of the items or they will adjust the price accordingly. Thus, if you return 1 game they would credit you $39.99+tax instead of the full $59.99. The system is not dumb and will realize this when you attempt to return.

(BTW I just quit Best Buy in April and dealt with the package stuff.)

EDIT: Gift receipts will not work as place holders because when they are scanned for return it brings up the whole order (i.e. the package discount) and will reflect the price as $39.99 not $59.99 for each game.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6426111&postcount=85

Best Buy is a lot smarter about B2G1 sales than TRU is, so the tricks with gift receipts and placeholders won't work.

The receipt will show the return value for each item, and it'll be 1/3rd of the total pre-tax price. Placeholders won't be worth the full value of the game, so it won't work for future purchases as even exchanges.

TRU does it as $60 / $60 / $0, BB will do it as $40 / $40 / $40.

graywolf323

Gold Member
holy crap

oh well already got most everything I wanted by price matching TRU's B2G1 at a local Best Buy

but might exchange something...

gbovo

Will this work or pre-orders? I'd like to pre-order 3 copies of MW2 and split the cost with 2 friends so I average out at $43 per game.

olimpia84

Sweet. I'm thinking FIFA 10, Demon's Souls and maybe Punchout (although my Wii is not working very well lately) :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Huh. Demon's Souls. Borderlands, and Maybe Batman.

Wouldn't be too bad a deal, but I already spent $60 for Uncharted 2 a week ago. Not too sure I want to spend another $120 for three games after. :lol

what is best buys policy on price matching their own stuff?

i.e. if i go buy the stuff today for the $180, are they going to refund me the $60 on sunday if i go in with the receipt?

FrankT

Man would have been nice to throw in DO:A, but it looks like I may have to drop some pre-orders and change some things up.

Forza 3
Borderlands
GTA: Episodes

Really didn't want to drop the cash for Borderlands with everything else on the plate right now, but this is a pretty good deal.

Muerte_X

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what is best buys policy on price matching their own stuff?

i.e. if i go buy the stuff today for the $180, are they going to refund me the $60 on sunday if i go in with the receipt?

It'll work, expect to not be able to find much of anything by the time the sale starts because it seems that most people do this.

TheSeks said:
Huh. Demon's Souls. Borderlands, and Maybe Batman.

Wouldn't be too bad a deal, but I already spent $60 for Uncharted 2 a week ago. Not too sure I want to spend another $120 for three games after. :lol

Stop thinking rational like and pump some blood in the economy.

Great. Wait until after I caved and bought Demon's Souls elsewhere, wait until after I caved and signed up for Gamefly to get Uncharted 2.... Just great..

Mindlog

Oh shittttttt.

Toys-R-Us is an outstanding franchise that deserves kudos for their work in the field of video game sales :D :D :D

JdFoX187

Banned
No Best Buy within 60 miles of me, but I might take advantage of this if it's online. New Ratchet, Demon Souls and another game I haven't decided on might be tempting enough to pick up.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I just told myself the only other game I'm buying this year is MW2. Now this happens so I might end up with 3 more games and I already have stuff on my backlog :(

Chris R

Depending on how good the Ratchet demo is tomorrow I might be forced to head down to best buy...

Ratchet
GTA DLC Episodes
??? (Wii Sports Resort I guess :| )

Oh shi--!

Demon's Souls, for sure.

Stuck between the following for the remaining two, though:

Borderlands
Ratchet & Clank
Muramasa
ODST
Rock Band: Beatles

Hmm....