• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy: No Next-Gen in Stores Until 2021

ManaByte

Gold Member

While our stores won’t have devices for purchase on launch day or throughout the holiday season, keep an eye on BestBuy.com, where they’ll be available for purchase as soon as we have them available. (This means there’s no need to camp out at your local store, just check back on BestBuy.com without leaving home!)

Applies to both PS4 and Xbox Series X|S

Only way to get the systems is online this year.

FUCKING FUCK! Now I can't spend $1000.00 to play upscaled XB1/PS4 games GODDAMMIT

h2jayeG.jpg

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Wish I could just buy something and they ship it when available...

what a strange concept

edit

guess everyone will be doing this

Last edited:
Thats it, I will sell my PS5 2 days before xmas to some spoiled brats parents and buy Honda Civic Type-r

(and steal my ps5 back from their mansion because I know where they live at) :messenger_savoring:

Our retailers open orders at morning of 19.11 aka launch day, I can already smell crashing web sites as super market chains arent probably used to that kind of trafic:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
hmmm...i wonder if bots are getting the ps5's. Maybe I can pre-order PS5 through Sony directly. I wish they would speak up and tell us about more stock.

Til then I'll be playing The Medium on the X and eventually Cyberpunk. I can wait for Demon's Souls and Spiderman.

DESTROYA

This might strangely increase Switch sales, people looking to buy a console to gift for the holidays and with only Switch’s in stock as the only option.

Grinchy

Banned
It's a good thing to me, honestly. If each local store is just selling what they actually have to people who are going to go and grab it, that takes the scamming bots out of the picture.

Plus the camping during covid, the stampeding, the looting issues, ect. All of that goes away if you only sell it online.

Last edited:

PaeronSoda

Neo Member
Guess this isn't ideal for the clueless parents trying to buy a Series X off Amazon, since the sales for One X shot through the roof after boomers thought that was the new one a couple of weeks back.

If I didn't have my pre-orders I would have just brought the consoles off scalpers/resellers. I can't imagine how stressful it will be to get these consoles online this year from retail stores.

Last edited:

sendit

If I didn't have my pre-orders I would have just brought the consoles off scalpers/resellers. I can't imagine how stressful it will be to get these consoles online this year from retail stores.

Fuck that. I can afford pretty much anything I want. However, I'm not going to give in to scum of the earth scalpers.

Last edited:

PooBone

My buddy works at Best Buy and they put out their Series X|S stuff today so.... I dunno what this writer’s smoking.

small_law

They put unsold retail units out for people to walk in and buy?
It's funny because back in the day, I worked at Best Buy during the PS2 launch. No online orders back then, you pre-ordered and picked up launch day. If no one came to pick up their pre-order, we put out those consoles, the ones that went unclaimed. That's how I got mine launch day. Some dipshit forgot to pick it up so I walked out with a PS2, no pre-order.

wolywood

I don't understand why online storefronts don't implement even the most rudimentary anti bot measures for next gen console sales. Captcha, multi picture selection.... something, anything. What do they gain from having their sites crash and pissing off 99 percent of their potential customers?

ReBurn

Gold Member
I don't understand why online storefronts don't implement even the most rudimentary anti bot measures for next gen console sales. Captcha, multi picture selection.... something, anything. What do they gain from having their sites crash and pissing off 99 percent of their potential customers?
They sell the merchandise. That all they care about.

Fox Mulder

I missed every preorder but would still rather wait a year than pay like $900 to a scalper for a console.

EDMIX

FUCKING FUCK! Now I can't spend $1000.00 to play upscaled XB1/PS4 games GODDAMMIT

LMFAO! YESSSSSSSSSSSS! This ^

I feel if you are not playing Demon Souls remake, you need not pick up either next gen system. Even for Cyberpunk 2077, we don't know when that patch is coming and if its anything like their delays for the game itself, I'm not holding my breath with this whole "soon". So next gen for most will be spending money to play current generation games slightly better lol

I'm only buying PS5 for Demon Souls remake, fuck everything else tbh.

2021 looks like that "real launch" with next gen games, but thats kind the way it normally is so...

Last edited:

Velius

Banned
LMFAO! YESSSSSSSSSSSS! This ^

I feel if you are not playing Demon Souls remake, you need not pick up either next gen system. Even for Cyberpunk 2077, we don't know when that patch is coming and if its anything like their delays for the game itself, I'm not holding my breath with this whole "soon". So next gen for most will be spending money to play current generation games slightly better lol

I'm only buying PS5 for Demon Souls remake, fuck everything else tbh.

2021 looks like that "real launch" with next gen games, but thats kind the way it normally is so...
I CAN"T FUCKING STAND IT
FUCK YOU $ONY AND M$ FOR NOT LETTING ME SPEND MY GODDAMN MONEY FUCK YOU
FUCKING GREEDY CORPORATE GREED

Velius

Banned
Demon's Souls and Ratchet and Clank are only on PS5 though...
I'm still waiting on DS. The cutscenes look much better than the actual demo. But if it turns out to be as good as it seems, yeah I'd get a PS5 for it. I'm just being silly

I missed every preorder but would still rather wait a year than pay like $900 to a scalper for a console.

A few months back it was only reselling for like $650. One of my friend got a disc edition for that.

Now it’s too late, I would never pay more than $600. But to each his own.

iHaunter

I'm still waiting on DS. The cutscenes look much better than the actual demo. But if it turns out to be as good as it seems, yeah I'd get a PS5 for it. I'm just being silly
I always tell people, if they're unsure of a game, just to wait. I'm just such a huge fan I pre-ordered it. Target is having a buy 2 get 1 free. So I'll get DeS, Miles, Godfall for free.

Velius

Banned
I always tell people, if they're unsure of a game, just to wait. I'm just such a huge fan I pre-ordered it. Target is having a buy 2 get 1 free. So I'll get DeS, Miles, Godfall for free.
If they'd included the original I would buy it without a doubt.

I'm not trying to be controversial- I don't think they preserved the atmosphere of the original game, especially Areas 3 and 4. They changed the music, now everything sounds like Orenstein and Smough. I hope I'm wrong because the thought of playing Demon's Souls at 60 fps on a 4k is lovely, but I don't think this team understands why Demon's Souls was so good. I think they're huge fans who are essentially writing a fan fiction.

Zimmy68

I doubt it will be the case.
I have been through a few console launches and there was always some surprise stock here and there.
Now, if they are saying they are not allowing any physical stock in their stores, that is another story.

Top Bottom