• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy selling 3DS games for $20 including RE: Mercenaries [8/21/11 - 8/27/11]

Best Buy is selling these 3DS games for $20 during the week of 8/21-8/27:

Sims 3
Madden Football
Punch Time Explosion
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Rabbids Travel Time 3D
Resident Evil the Mercenaries 3D

They are also offering gift cards for trade-ins on the DS. $50 for the Lite, $75 for the DSi, and $100 for the XL.

Not too bad, especially for RE, DoA, and Ghost Recon. I know Ghost Recon was $17 at Target recently but $20 is still a great deal for the game. If you don't have it I suggest you get on it!

I'm thinking about picking up RE but I don't know if I would get $20 of enjoyment out of it.

jackdoe

Nice, $20 was how much I was willing to spend on DOA. Thinking about Mercenaries, but it's really a glorified mini-game, of which I've had my fill from RE5.

NateDrake

Dead or Alive and RE: Mercs are worth $20 without question. Just check impressions of Mercs in the game's OT. People have put in over 100 hours into it and still play daily. It may be a glorified mini-game but it is addicting.

Magnus

Please be true in Canada
Please be true in Canada
Please be true in Canada
Please be true in Canada
Please be true in Canada

Izayoi

Banned
Tagg9 said:
Would have snapped if any Nintendo titles were included (but of course they aren't).
Ghost Recon is better than any Nintendo title sans Ocarina of Time on the system.

PSGames

Resident Evil surprised me with how fun it is and how great it looks. It looks amazing in 3D and the gameplay works great for a portable device. The controls are quite responsive as well. At $20 you can't go wrong.

PBalfredo

Even though I'm not picking up a 3DS until the Flame Red version comes out next month, I might grab Mercenaries at that price.

All of you guys picking up Ghost Recon should head over to the OT once you get started, I never get tired of talking about that game for some reason.

Grrr, I'm waiting for Street Fighter to drop to $20. Cheapest I've seen that is $30.

Never real played fighters before so I'd like to try out SF4 for cheap to see if i can get into them.

(I hope I can because I'm dieing to get Mortal Kombat for the Vita when that comes out!)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Boney said:
LAME!

Still might bite, though.... need me some more 3DS content besides DOA. Hope there's a similar sale in Canada.

pvpness

Persona7 said:
This is why Nintendo has always been at odds with Third parties.
Lol. What?

I wonder if best buy will take a broken pink ds trade in. Absurd, I know. Do they test their systems? I'm assuming they do but wouldn't mind knowing for sure. I'd pick up DOA and RE for $20 trade in bones though. That seems worth it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Fantastical said:
I sent Amazon the lower price so hopefully they will price match. Doubt it but maybe!

They probably will but later in the week probably if they do

Takao

Banned
I'd buy:

Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D
Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion

and maybe DoA.

But lol Canada. :(

thefit

FYI was shopping for my kids b-day gift today and the 60gig live starter kits are being liquidated at sears for $16.97

Persona7 said:
This is why Nintendo has always been at odds with Third parties.

Kind of funny, because in Canada for the past few weeks it's been Pilotwings, Steel Diver, and Nintendogs + Cats on sale for $20 or BOGO. :lol

Top Bottom