• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy sending out mystery reward certificates to My Best Buy members

dolabla

Just got this email from Best Buy:

We're giving My Best Buy members a rewards certificate worth $5 to $5,000. Redeem your Mystery Rewards certificate in store or online by 11/16/18*.

I clicked the "check value" below that message above and it was only a $5 reward certificate. Hey, it's better than nothing :p

Check your emails if you're a My Best Buy member. You might get lucky.

dolabla

It should say it when you clicked it. It had a big "$5" for me.

If it's not showing up, try adding something to your cart and go through the checkout and see if it shows up where you add the certificates to your order.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It should say it when you clicked it. It had a big "$5" for me.

If it's not showing up, try adding something to your cart and go through the checkout and see if it shows up where you add the certificates to your order.

Ok I will try that. It only gave me a print option.

Edit: Seems they are making me bring this to the store. I see nothing, lol.

Last edited:

dolabla

That's weird. It automatically applied it to my account (I assume when I clicked check value button). I just used it a few minutes ago on an order.

Last edited:

Azzurri

I deleted this email, good thing I checked out this thread and went back into my trash and printed out the certificate

dolabla

Ok I will try that. It only gave me a print option.

Edit: Seems they are making me bring this to the store. I see nothing, lol.

Lol, this is what it says now when I click "check value":

t073f4fy

I do not get that at all. I am wondering if it has anything to do with a local store set on my profile.

Trying to get me to go in, they are on to me! They know I have been monitoring a certain TV to upgrade to recently, lol.
But what if you could get $5 towards that new tv....hmmm?

dolabla

I do not get that at all. I am wondering if it has anything to do with a local store set on my profile.

Trying to get me to go in, they are on to me! They know I have been monitoring a certain TV to upgrade to recently, lol.

Could be. You might be able to call/chat with them and get them to apply it to your online account. Or at least find out how much it is.

You could have one of the massive $1,000+ certificates (if they really exist, lol).

Last edited:
It looks like in Canada we literally got nothing. Nothing has been communicated in replacement of the my reward zone program, so slack.

demigod

Just got this email from Best Buy:

I clicked the "check value" below that message above and it was only a $5 reward certificate. Hey, it's better than nothing :p

Check your emails if you're a My Best Buy member. You might get lucky.

Are you checking on a computer? I'm on mobile and it keeps asking me if i want to print it, doesn't go to the page like yours.

I got a $10 one in my e-mail not too long ago and just got this one in my e-mail today. But it isn't letting me check the value, says I have to print it even when clicking the 'Check Value' button. My local Best Buy (by local I mean 35 minutes away) closed recently. No way I am driving nearly an hour away to check the value of this when it's most likely just $5.

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
Yeah this isn't working for me, when I click the "check value" button both on a computer or a smartphone, it brings me to a print preview page... well that sucks...

dolabla

Are you checking on a computer? I'm on mobile and it keeps asking me if i want to print it, doesn't go to the page like yours.

I did it on both mobile and computer and it took me to the best buy website with the option to print the coupon off to use in store. It added it to my online account.

Yup, probably going use it for $15 off speaker wire

I'll be checking then if they happen to send me another one, lol.

I got Battlefield 1 for my X. I still haven't played it and been meaning to get it since the enhanced patch. They have it on clearance for $16 + my GCU + this certificate. Got it for $9.

Last edited:

dolabla

I got a $10 one in my e-mail not too long ago and just got this one in my e-mail today. But it isn't letting me check the value, says I have to print it even when clicking the 'Check Value' button. My local Best Buy (by local I mean 35 minutes away) closed recently. No way I am driving nearly an hour away to check the value of this when it's most likely just $5.

Yeah this isn't working for me, when I click the "check value" button both on a computer or a smartphone, it brings me to a print preview page... well that sucks...

I wonder if it has anything to do with what member status you are? What are y'alls?

I'm an Elite member.

dolabla

Just checked, I am also elite...

If you go to to your account dashboard, it should tell which member status you are where it says "Good afternoon, (insert name)". It's right below that. You'll see your Member ID # as well.

dolabla

Yup, I am elite...

Hmm.... That is strange. We can mark that off then.

Heck, I would try calling them to see if they will apply it to your account. Or at least get some information on how much it is since it's not letting you guys see it.

dolabla

Yup, I am elite...

Heck, I would try calling them to see if they will apply it to your account. Or at least get some information on how much it is since it's not letting you guys see it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

It might have to do with the area, and if local stores are doing the outside pre-scan event.

It mentions stores will have "blue shirts" outside before you walk in, to scan and see what you have first.

dolabla

It might have to do with the area, and if local stores are doing the outside pre-scan event.

It mentions stores will have "blue shirts" outside before you walk in, to scan and see what you have first.

Ah, I didn't see that. Yeah, that very well could be it then.

It gave me an option to use in store as a coupon or to use it online so I dunno.

TheShocker

I have to print mine off. It shows the option to check value, but when I click it, it just reloads the print page. I’ll be out and about on Friday so I guess I’ll juat check it at the store.

I contacted Best Buy support and they said they couldn't redeem it. So it has to be done in-store. Ah well, don't have a Best Buy near me anymore.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I remember this from last time. The last 2 digits on your barcode determines your reward. It's the first barcode on the printscreen that comes up... under "1" with the text starting "Cashier Instructions: Scan Barcode to reveal offer value." There are three different barcodes but that's the one you want.

Here's the thread at CAG talking about it:
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/368586-best-buy-mystery-certificate-check-email/

Last 2 digits 87 is apparently $5. That's what I got.

Extra little bonus towards my black friday games. Every bit helps.

Last edited:

dolabla

I've never had any problems with Best Buy that I can recall. Anything I've taken back, they took it back. They're pretty much my go to shop now for electronics. Between the certificates you earn buying from them, etc, it is the best value imo.

I used to shop mostly with Amazon, but hardly ever do now. They've gone down hill with their service. My packages started to come in damaged from them a little too much cause they're not packing them right.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I hear you; the market is kind of weird right now with all the analytics and the different practices coming from them. I'm not the type to say "Oh this business is the devil!!" The points of people having to drive long distances etc are more why I brought it up. Sucks to drive an hour to attempt to return a purchase to be told "Yeah that headset you returned made it to where you can't return this washer and dryer you just bought"

Those same systems are used for tracking things like coupon abuse; counterfeits, using unlimited use coupons in abhorrent ways, etc. The company they go through for that and a few others like it, from what I was able to find during that time, weren't in the highest regards when it came to consumer rights while other businesses mentioned the practice(s) as something negative.

This is coming from one of the companies that doesn't hide training their employees specifically to provide hoops and hurdles during these processes.

But hey, gotta get your E-Fix somehow amirite? I still shop at Fry's Electronics though they have evolved into something different.

Just be cautious, maybe ask for your consumer report every once in a while to ensure you're in good standings with them.

Top Bottom