• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy strategic planning calendar. PS3 demo kiosks October 20. Wii Oct 29.

Mrbob

X360 kiosk gets pushed to the shelves!

bbsps2006.jpg

Sexy PS3 time in under a month!

SpacLock

Mrbob said:
X360 kiosk gets pushed to the shelves!

Sexy PS3 time in under a month!

Trying hard to get rid of that tag aren't ya!

EDIT: Wait it really is getting pushed to the shelf! Nevermind.

Brofist

mj1108 said:
It says "PS3 Demo Area Rollout" -- not kiosk. Wonder if it'll be a looped movie since they're only having 400k for launch.....they'd be crazy to put out so many kiosks when they could sell them at retail.

how do you know 500,000 isn't counting only actual retail units, and doesn't account for trade shows, retail displays. people take these numbers and latch on to them too much.

mr_nothin

Banned
Mrbob said:
Here is a second slide.

newslide.jpg

Oh shit. PS3 going to be hooked up to a 1080P Bravia? Great move.
WOW
i hope they demo games on there as well!!!
jesus
4 CONTROLLERS
PLAYABLE GAMES CONFIRMED!!!
OHHH, it basically is a playable area.
They have these in BestBuy, you know the area with the 360/gamecube/ps2/xbox?
Whoa

Brofist

SpacLock said:
Hahahaha true! I wonder if you're going to have to put a quarter in the lazy-boy to play.

nah they wouldn't do that

what they would do is demo GT:HD and you have to rent a car for the duration of the time you are playing. :D

Mrbob

YEah the PS3 setup will be more than a mere kiosk. Entire demo area. ****ing hawt. That is how you get things done.

Hayami said:
no one notice the "HDIP Camera"?

Yeah I thought this is the eyetoy 2.

Brofist

Oneself said:
This has to be the most expensive marketing ever. Maybe that's why they let go L.A. Noire :lol

well you wouldn't see that demo setup in an EB that's for sure :lol

that is stuff that Best Buy already carries, so makes sense for them to put it together in an area like that together and try to sell people on the other components as well

etiolate

Banned
You'd think Nintendo would want at least a month of presence before launch, especially with the demo kiosk. 'Playing is belieiving' is their whole thing. The more time, the more people play, the more interest.

1080p 7.1 demo lounge?

I'm just going to spend my evenings at Best Buy...

That floorplan looks awfully odd for BestBuy though.

tjhooker

Banned
That demo area is going to be very very busy.

I suspect Best Buy is going to sell a shedload of hardware and even if they run out of PS3s - a shedload of 1080p sets in anticipation of new stock.

Mrbob

I just realized the 360 kiosks are getting pushed shelf side for the Wii kiosks. How embarrassing for MS.

Figures...even if I get the PS3 home at launch, playing on the Best Buy demo theater for the month before is just going to make my home experiece a piece of sh*t in comparision!

JB1981

Mrbob said:
I just realized the 360 kiosks are getting pushed shelf side for the Wii kiosks. How embarrassing for MS.

I guess that's what happens when your company doesn't make TVs, home theater recievers, and speaker systems. :(

The 'HD era' push by MS plays straight to Sony's wheelhouse.

Mrbob

JB1981 said:
I guess that's what happens when your company doesn't make TVs, home theater recievers, and speaker systems. :(

The 'HD era' push by MS plays straight to Sony's wheelhouse.

Sony is smart. There may be a small difference in systems, but when yours is hooked up to a 46" 1080P set versus a dinky 23" samsung LCD it is going to make a huge difference in how they appeal to actual customers.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
My guess is that they are going to push SOCOM connectivity if they are putting the PS2 & PSP kiosks together.

Aeon712

I already have 3 different guys that come into my store and play the games for like 4hrs each day. If they get seats they'll never leave. I can't wait to set this up though, just like with the 360 and all the people standing around me while I set it up and then me playing it right infront of them while they drooled:lol

Mrbob

KyanMehwulfe said:
1080p 7.1 demo lounge?

I'm just going to spend my evenings at Best Buy...

That floorplan looks awfully odd for BestBuy though.

Depends on how old your best buy is. Best Buy came up with a new store floorplan layout as of last year. All the new stores look completely different on the inside than the old stores.

thirty

Banned
Zimarooski said:
Those couch setups aren't new, there's a Best Buy near my school that has that same thing going on with their 360.

same here. looks like they'll just be re-doing them with the sony eqp. and keeping the 360 stuff at the end caps like it is well...now. still kinda cool though. if you want someone to plop down $700 for the system and a game you aren't gonna set it up on a little kiosk. Just like when selling a huge $2000 HD set you arent gonna be running non HD content on it.

Surreal

Just put Resistance, GT:HD, and Motorstorm in the kiosk. People won't be able to resist (pun pun pun). Play the White Knight Story trailer every 15 minutes too, just for good measure.

Drek

Surreal said:
Just put Resistance, GT:HD, and Motorstorm in the kiosk. People won't be able to resist (pun pun pun). Play the White Knight Story trailer every 15 minutes too, just for good measure.
Or when a new shipment comes in throw in MGS4 and FFXIII trailers, watch the panic ensue, and call the morgue 'cause they'll have a few bodies to pick up.

Surreal

Drek said:
Or when a new shipment comes in throw in MGS4 and FFXIII trailers, watch the panic ensue, and call the morgue 'cause they'll have a few bodies to pick up.

They want people to buy the system not have a heartattack. You know how many families would sue Sony for murder if they played FFXIII trailers?

Kittonwy

Banned
Surreal said:

DEVASTAYSHION!!! ~_~

Top Bottom