• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best game tagline?

I'm looking for the best game tagline of all time. It can be from ads or the cover/back cover.

My nomination is on Shadow of the Colossus magazine ads:

click for enlarged version

On the ones I've seen, there's some variation of:

"Some mountains are scaled. Others are slain."

There was also "How far would you go for love?" which was pretty cool, but not as central to the game.

original.jpg

Nibel

First post wins, but I also thought that Killzone 2's "War perfected" tagline is the most badass way to describe your shooter

Syril

I looked around, but I couldn't find anything that could top "Some mountains are scaled. Others are slain."

Salsa

"i jizzed in mah pants, lol" - Darksiders 2

I love the "My brother was wrongly accused of starting the apocalypse. His fate concerns me, yours.. doesnt" *SLICESHITUP* line

but yeah they probably cant implement it as a tagline properly

That's the one I have hanging in my room. But how is it not central to the game??

Well, Wander
thinks he is killing the colossi because of his love for Mono, but he's doing it out of self-interest since bringing someone back from the dead assumes they want to come back. He puts his horse and the world in danger to get what he wants.

imo

StuBurns

Banned
Well, Wander
thinks he is killing the colossi because of his love for Mono, but he's doing it out of self-interest since bringing someone back from the dead assumes they want to come back. He puts his horse and the world in danger to get what he wants.

imo
He knows how it's affecting him, and continues. He was willing to go to any lengths.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Well, Wander

imo
You have no idea how happy I was when
Agro came back at the end

Danielsan

The OP already has my pick.

"How far would you go for love?"

I disagree with the OP though. It's extremely central to the game.

Soma

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - "It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here."

I'm not even sure if that's an official tagline but man that still sounds cool.

Top Bottom