• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best mod so far! (IMHO) GTA4 FPS mod

I am sure most of the pc GTA players are already in the know, but for those of you who dont, transform the LC experience into something beautiful

Driving!
fpd1.jpg

Flying!
image_11762.jpg

Shooting!
fpd6.jpg

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Hm4K5_Pr0

as you closer, you can examine the world better. the shooting is much easier, and now it works with the episodes!

dl from here:
http://www.iol.ie/~fcorp/gta/iv/FirstPersonV1.22.zip

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
shooting works VERY well.
it kicks to the 3rd person when you go into cover, just like R6V.
you can look around the interior of the car when you drive, same with the helo, it makes landing that little bit more enjoyable/difficult.

try jumping off a building and looking at the ground as you fall...

the new patch really boosts the performance, you can actually play with some shadows now.

DL DL DL DL

Hanmik

Looks nice.. but the video states that the mod isn´t possible anymore because of the new update.. bummer..

I have only played it on the PS3, but this looks awesome. It looks like a totally different game.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I hate it when a modder doesn't include installation instruction. How am I supposed to install it (Google didn't help)? Dick (but props for his work).

Kritz

Banned
subversus said:
I hate it when a modder doesn't include installation instruction. How am I supposed to install it (Google didn't help)? Dick (but props for his work).

^ this.

What readme doesn't include install instructions? A bad one, that's what.

EB's got this knocked down to $20. I could get into this if the old girl can run it.

Diablohead said:
The world feels completely different in first person, driving is done well too. Awesome.

The scale is ridiculous.

Kayhan

This is old news. The High Res screenshot thread is full of pics from running ENB and First Person simultaneously.

Also OP, you should specify whether your GTA IV is retail or Steam.
As far as I know the First Person mod doesn't work with the newest GTA IV patch and Steam opdates automatically to the newest patch.

Some of the below screenshots are by DennisK4

gtaiv20100.jpg

GTAIV%202010-04-08%2021-30-37-75.jpg

Kritz

Banned
subversus said:
there are no instructions except it says you need ASI loader. I found it but can't figure out how to install it properly.

I found an ASI loader on the forums but I have no idea how to install it as the ASI loader didn't come with install instructions either.

It's like documentation is a foreign word to the guys who make GTAIV mods.

itxaka

Defeatist
The best mod is the one of the fat guy videos :lol

Still this looks okay, kind of strange but looks like it could be played pretty well.

put asiloader into main GTA directory
put the asi file into main GTA directory
put latest scripthook into GTA directory
start game

press V twice

'FPS view'

NOT.DIFFICULT.

and i cant say this enough since some boneheads cant read:
IT WORKS WITH LATEST PATCH

Templar Wizard said:
put asiloader into main GTA directory
put the asi file into main GTA directory
put latest scripthook into GTA directory
start game

press V twice

'FPS view'

NOT.DIFFICULT.

and i cant say this enough since some boneheads cant read:
IT WORKS WITH LATEST PATCH

Not difficult? To a layman like me, those instructions might as well be in Greek. I could never do this. Which is too bad, because it looks awesome.

epmode

Trent Strong said:
Not difficult? To a layman like me, those instructions might as well be in Greek. I could never do this.
Christ. How did you manage to log into this forum for the first time? Usernames and passwords are just as difficult!

That's fantastic. What a shame they included those animations for beeping the horn and changing radio channels, that in a normal un-modded game, you don't really get to see. Wish you could do this mod on a 360.

Gilby

Wow, this really seems like the direction the franchise should go next. It seems like such an obvious design choice now, but it never even crossed my mind before. I hope Rockstar gives this guy a position with the company and makes GTA5 a first person game.

So did anyone try this game with an AMDx3 720? I hear quads are the way to go, and I can't find that one in any benchmarks, could it push GTA4 past 30 (on high-ish, ENB and all that jazz) if paired with a decent graphics card?

This mod is tempting me to try it out.

derder

Gilby said:
Wow, this really seems like the direction the franchise should go next. It seems like such an obvious design choice now, but it never even crossed my mind before. I hope Rockstar gives this guy a position with the company and makes GTA5 a first person game.
I agree. I hope they at least give us the option to play the game in first person.

Top Bottom