• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best moment in your gaming career?

K

Kwokuen

Unconfirmed Member
Some horrible Bulls vs. Blazers basketball game that me and my brother used to play on SNES brings back one of my fondest memories. Both of us were in the playoffs; final game vs. the bulls after working for days and weeks to get there. Bear with me upon my horrible flashbacks. It was the 4th quarter in the final game with only seconds left. The countdown was going down... and I had to make a decision. I'm running the ball down the court, and there were 3 seconds left. My brother promptly screamed, "SHOOT THE DAMN BALL." and so I did. The resounding woosh led to the winning score for us.

Fun fact: I don't own Super Mario 64, and have barely touched the game (I plan on playing it someday :( ). *Dodges rocks* however, my brother did pick up Wave Race 64 when we got our N64, and I was simply entranced by the game. I became obsessed with it, and finally made it to the Reverse circuit. My immense hatred with "Reversed" tracks spawned from this game, and it stays with me to this day. Took me forever to beat the bloody courses, as I remember the glacier one being a total biznitch.

Also notable:

-My first Halo LAN party with 8 people
-Tackling the Starcraft and Starcraft: Brood War Campaign
-Getting the invincibility cheat in Goldeneye

sasimirobot

Super Monkey Ball 1 Master Mode

My first time in an Arcade in Japan

This Bar called "MJQ" in Atlanta let me hook up Super Mario 64 inside on release day. People were asking so many questions, mainly if they could play for a minute...

human5892

Queen of Denmark
There are tons, but a really standout one is completing Goldeneye 007 -- all cheats unlocked, all difficulty levels beaten -- without the use of any push button codes (which at that time hadn't even been revealed) or cheat devices. This subsequently led to a few kids at school offering me money to unlock certain cheats on their carts. I did it for one kid because I wanted to, and didn't make him pay me.

ge-man

Man are there so many I can list, but I think the most important one for me is getting my NES for Christmas. I had 2600 before then, but I wasn't really a big gamer. Super Mario began my path as a hardcore gamer.

The only other moment that comes close to that conversion was in 98 when I finally did get a N64 and rented Zelda the next day. I had fallen off as a hardcore gamer after the Super NES and Genesis. My brother did get a Playstation, but my general interest in games had dropped so low I rarely bothered with it. My other brother asked for a N64 that year and got it along with a Bomberman game. The next day he rented Zelda after being immediately put off by the game he got that Christmas. I was quickly blown away by what I saw. Till this day Kokiri Forest and the Deku Tree remains as one of my favorite introductions into a video game. OOT was beyond what I expected and brought me back into games for good.

Top Bottom