• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best "one and done" game ever made?

art2.jpg

This one here is a solid choice. Folklore was great.

georly

Woof. This is tough, most of the best games belong to a series (because success = sequels). Hell, even Wii sports got a couple sequels.

To name a few good one-and-dones...
  • Zack and Wiki
  • Wonderful 101
  • Radiant Historia
  • Ghost trick

Christian

FUCK YOUR RULES

Panzer Dragoon Saga.

It's a part of an established universe, and it uses the mechanics of the previous games as a jumping off point, but this is a totally unique entry in the series that stands as its own beast. We'll never see a remake, we'll never see a port, we'll NEVER see a sequel. And it's one of the greatest games of all time, OF ALL TIME. Not even the Saturn's abysmal 3D capabilities drag PDS down. It's damn near perfect.

Phediuk

Woof. This is tough, most of the best games belong to a series (because success = sequels). Hell, even Wii sports got a couple sequels.

To name a few good one-and-dones...
  • Ico
  • Shadow of the colossus
  • Zack and Wiki
  • Wonderful 101
  • Radiant Historia
  • The world ends with you (i think?)

Ico and SOTC are both on PS3, and TWEWY is on iOS/Android.

Ishan

journey. Also if I made the topic I would allow remasters (not remakes but its op's topic not mine) ... But rumours aside journey . (And if we flexed the rules TLOU but sadly it seems a sequel is inevitable. I kindof want ND to be one and done with that one)

Clearly this belongs to Tail of the Sun. :^]

This question really depends on the mood for me, but I'm thinking Prop Cycle from Namco's a unique arcade game that alone uses a pedal bike to control in-game movement. Namco was really on something when they made that, I hope?

TLOU

A remaster is not a remake

If you think there will not be a sequel you are living in a fantasy land.

My suggestion would be Alundra. Brilliant game, never re-released nor did it get a proper sequel*, although it did get released on PSN as a digital download.

*Yes, I know there was a 'sequel', but it was completely unrelated in everything but name and the developer only licensed out the Alundra name to springboard off of that game. And it was fucking awful, and I prefer to deny its existence.

Dice//

Banned
This award goes to Ghost Trick.

A brilliant, charming, sweet and hilarious tale with some truly immersive gameplay.

Oof, good choice.
And fuck it, same team or semi-same genre or 'testing the waters' for sequels, I loved this more than Phoenix Wright.

title1.jpg

Can someone please rip this game off and make another sky faring exploring RPG?? Granted, I guess a sequel would be tough, the first game covers soooooo much ground. Like all of it.

Top Bottom