• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best PC VR Racing Games?

Catphish

F1 2020 is my current favorite racing game, but it has no VR support (fucking ridiculous, that). So, yesterday, I dusted off Project Cars 2, which I bought on a Steam sale a year or two ago, but never played. I tried that on my Rift S, and was completely blown away by how immersive and fun it was. But, if I'm being honest, the AI feels lacking, and I'm not sure I will stick with it.

Can anyone recommend a good PC VR racing game? I know AC & ACC support VR, as does iRacing, and I could even try VorpX with F1 2020, but I'd like some opinions before I go throwing money at anything.

Any suggestions?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
DiRT Rally 1 & 2 and Assetto Corsa 2 (and 1 if you don't mind that you need to operate the menus outside VR, only goes in VR in-race, lots of people prefer the first game in general regardless of VR for all the mods etc. too). You can sample everything then refund on Steam.

Automobilista 2 also, which is built using the Project Cars engine and offers all sorts of brazilian racing disciplines and series.

Live for Speed also was the first to do real 3D mirrors in VR I think. I think only some mods for other games try it.

Last edited:

Klik

I tried automobilista 2 on my friend's VR and it was so immersive that i actually had hard time coming back to my triple screen setup.

Honestly VR is a gamechanger for racing games. I really dont know how to explain it, you really have to try for yourself. Its like you're sitting in car on a track

Last edited:

Romulus

Iracing is my jam. I was a big Forza and GT fan and that game feels like another dimension in VR. So far beyond next level its ridiculous. Actually all the recommendations are good here.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: GHG
I have a 2060 super and found the graphics to be really poor on Project Cars 3 and Assetto Corsa in VR. Am I doing something wrong? I know my 2060 super isn't the greatest but I expected more.

CPU and RAM?

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x 8GB) 3600MHz

Ryzen 5 3600

I play other games like Half Life and the graphics are clear and sharp but in any racing game it's blury and not sharp. I have trouble reading number plates and dials/details on the car.

Romulus

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x 8GB) 3600MHz

Ryzen 5 3600

I play other games like Half Life and the graphics are clear and sharp but in any racing game it's blury and not sharp. I have trouble reading number plates and dials/details on the car.

I suggest fiddling with the content manager. AC should be easy to run with decent clarity with that setup. Have you adjusted the settings at all?

I suggest fiddling with the content manager. AC should be easy to run with decent clarity with that setup. Have you adjusted the settings at all?

No I will look at it again tonight. I was surprised. I'm sure it will be fine. Thank you :)

DiRT Rally 1 & 2 and Assetto Corsa 2 (and 1 if you don't mind that you need to operate the menus outside VR, only goes in VR in-race, lots of people prefer the first game in general regardless of VR for all the mods etc. too). You can sample everything then refund on Steam.

Automobilista 2 also, which is built using the Project Cars engine and offers all sorts of brazilian racing disciplines and series.

Live for Speed also was the first to do real 3D mirrors in VR I think. I think only some mods for other games try it.

link me to Assetto Corsa 2

metalshade

If you are willing to try something a little different, Vector 36 is a neat take on the hover racing genre, where you have to manually vector your thrust and control your flight ceiling to hover in the sweet spot, but a joystick is probably recommended, its easier to control the multiple vectors that way.
The arcade hover racer Redout is a bit more mainstream but still fun, it was originally flat, but has a good VR implementation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom