• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best PS/N/XB/PC exclusive ever

Ezquimacore

Banned
Which is the best exclusive ever and why, just one, forever. (for you)

Playstation: God Of War 3: At the time the graphics were insane, even today that game at 4k looks better than many games from this era, the cinematic cameras and the action were FUN to see and play, has the best conclusion to any Playstation game ever. As a matter of fact... should've been Kratos last game.
b3cb844ed2fa13e54ab1f789c4e4340a.gif

Xbox: Ninja Gaiden Black: to this day, the best action game ever made.
4CC5C8ECC106934FD5162D6275DFE1E3AD1618C2

Nintendo: The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Predictable, yet, inevitable

2635.gif

PC: PC is not known for the abundant number of exclusives but there are many, and one of then is vampire the masquerade bloodlines: The definition of mature RPG
tumblr_messa6D5Wz1qddevwo1_r1_250.gif

Ezquimacore

Banned
"PC is not known for the abundant number of exclusives"

tenor.gif

It has more exclusives than every other format combiner and the best one is AOE2
it's a matter of perspective, these days we barely have big new PC exclusive games. If it can be ported to a console, it will be ported. I'm not counting game that don't past steam's quality control.

RGB'D

It's since been ported but half life and half life 2 literally redefined gaming. So did Alyx.

Edit: auto-correct changed ported to posted.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Nintendo: F-Zero GX. Still the best and most hardcore game ever released on a Nintendo console. Visuals that still look modern gen 15+ years later. Try to unlock the hidden arcade tracks, I dare you.

Playstation: Vagrant Story. So unique with the best writing ever in a videogame.

Xbox: Halo 3. It's multiplayer is timeless - with bright, clean, colorful visuals. H3's multiplayer is still the truest test of videogame skill in my opinion.

Last edited:
I think God of War 2 is the better game

God of War 3 was great but inferior to the 2nd game imo

either way, Playstation has so many you cant go wrong with any pick, they're the kings of exclusives

a Gears or Halo game would be Microsofts best exclusive

Mario Galaxy or Breath of the wild for Nintendo

and Half Life Alyx for PC, until it gets ported to PSVR2

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
PC: Star Citizen (Yeah, yeah. I know)
Xbox: Halo (Nothing beats the experience of the original when it came out)
Nintendo: Super Mario World (To me this was the best Mario ever was)
PlayStation: God of War (2005 or 2018? Yes)

I feel like I haven't nearly played enough to make a somewhat informed statement here. I'll give it a try anyways.

PC: Half Life or Counterstrike or Quake or ... the list is just endless, there's no point. It's not even a comparison. PC has shittons of exclusives.
Xbox: Killer Instinct 2013
PS: Metal Gear Solid or Demon's Souls
Nintendo: Can't decide between Super Mario 64 and Goldeneye

Vognerful

it's a matter of perspective, these days we barely have big new PC exclusive games. If it can be ported to a console, it will be ported. I'm not counting game that don't past steam's quality control.
You are being dishonest here. you are using examples of games that were released long ago (Zelda) or will release on another platforms (ninja gaiden) but then think there is no recent exclusive?

Microsoft: Jet Set Radio Future - Just one of the best and most fun games of all time and the game still holds up today

SONY: God Of War (1st game) One of the best actions games and I loved the narrative to the game. It was like a Ray Harryhausen

Nintendo: Super Metroid - An amazing adventure and thanks to the graphics and music was just so atmospheric

SEGA: Panzer Dragoon - Loved the setting, the world, the art, the music, the game

PC: Geoff Crammond Grand Prix 2 - Just racing perfection

Ezquimacore

Banned
You are being dishonest here. you are using examples of games that were released long ago (Zelda) or will release on another platforms (ninja gaiden) but then think there is no recent exclusive?
I mean all the games that I mentioned are from more than 10 years ago, PC "exclusives" are being ported everywhere. And when someone ask what's your favorite pc exclusive the answer is games from more than a decade ago when we had real exclusives. Even Civilization is on nintendo consoles now. The last amazing PC exclusive is Half Life Alyx and you need a PC AND an extra peripheral to play it. So how am I being dishonest when I say we barely have exclusives now (that are not made with rpg maker or free on itch)

IKSTUGA

Nintendo: Smash Ultimate or Melee

Xbox: not many true exclusives here anymore, lol. Maybe Gears of War 3? Couple of years ago I would have said Halo 3.

Playstation: Bloodborne

PC: Civilization V?

Vognerful

I mean all the games that I mentioned are from more than 10 years ago, PC "exclusives" are being ported everywhere. And when someone ask what's your favorite pc exclusive the answer is games from more than a decade ago when we had real exclusives. Even Civilization is on nintendo consoles now. The last amazing PC exclusive is Half Life Alyx and you need a PC AND an extra peripheral to play it. So how am I being dishonest when I say we barely have exclusives now (that are not made with rpg maker or free on itch)
You can still think of all the strategy games like AOE or even MSFS2020.

anyway, I should put my own personal opinion here:

PS: god of war
Nintendo: too many to choose, but I will go with BOTW

XBOX: FORZA

PC: DOTA2

And when someone ask what's your favorite pc exclusive the answer is games from more than a decade ago when we had real exclusives.
You're seeing the world through console colored glasses. Most non-mobile gamers on the planet play on PC, and most of them play PC exclusive games. The only "problem" is that they're the kind of games that are more or less ignored on boards like this one, i.e. ones not patterned after big-budget AAA single player console blockbusters.

If you picked a billion PC gamers from all over the planet at random and asked them what their favorite PC exclusive was, most of them would probably pick games like League, Dota, CSGO (yeah, I know it's technically on console, but come on...) or one of the hundreds of knockoffs based on these games that Korea and China pump out every year.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
You're seeing the world through console colored glasses. Most non-mobile gamers on the planet play on PC, and most of them play PC exclusive games. The only "problem" is that they're the kind of games that are more or less ignored on boards like this one, i.e. ones not patterned after big-budget AAA single player console blockbusters.

If you picked a billion PC gamers from all over the planet at random and asked them what their favorite PC exclusive was, most of them would probably pick games like League, Dota, CSGO (yeah, I know it's technically on console, but come on...) or one of the hundreds of knockoffs based on these games that Korea and China pump out every year.
Well you're certainly right, I have been playing games on pc for a decade or so but my roots are consoles so my scope is mostly limited to that kind of gaming.

Ceadeus

For PC I would go for anything Blizzard or counter strike.

I'm not a huge PC gamer but I know some people who were absolutely, crazy obsessed by these games. Both blizzard and Counter Strike turned people to crackhead with their crack cocaine video games.

JUST ONE MORE GAME!!!

cocaine love GIF

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Xbox: its either halo 3, or ori 2

Playstation: its either ratchet and clank a crack in time or the last of us part 2

on nintendos side it either mario galaxy, or the wind waker. I know most people prefer ocarina, but i enjoyed wind waker a lot more

Kerotan

PC:

Age of mythology

2nd best Giants: Citizen Kabuto

PSN:

God of War

Xbox:

Crackdown 3

Nintendo:

Devil's Turd

Top Bottom