• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best rain in a game?

WoWcraft

Banned
Bearillusion said:
MGS2. Still. More games need sections with rain as I love the atmosphere it provides.
Well MGS2 definitely was the first game to have good rain, but there are other games now.

And I think someone made a thread like this recently.

deepbrown

Uncharted - the rain just blew the rest of the game away. Amazing.

Oh and F1:CE - give that rain code to other racing devs!!!

Feep

Banned
c3.jpg

Edit: Beaten, dammit

WoWcraft said:
And I think someone made a thread like this recently.

You're probably thinking of 'best hair in a game'. :D

Bungie had a great chance to make great rain for The Storm in Halo 3 but the rain on the level is disappointing to say the least.

Victrix

*beard*
Can I nominate 90% of pc games featuring rain as the worst?

Dunno what it is, but holy crappy sprite rain of bleh.

Spoit

Victrix said:
Can I nominate 90% of pc games featuring rain as the worst?

Dunno what it is, but holy crappy sprite rain of bleh.
Like 99% of console games don't use sprites?

Crysis, my google skills are failing me, but I'll try to get some screenshots of the carrier level later

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I am going to have to agree with the OP about MGS2... I was playing it earlier today and I can't believe that it was a early PS2 title.

Ello

Oblivion.....

I'm just kidding, I would say MGS2, Uncharted and CoD4.

EktorPR said:
Curiously, I don't remember any part of Uncharted with rain in it. Enlighten me, guys. :lol

Final chapter.

Darkpen

Banned
Um, yeah, no, Uncharted had ugly ass rain.

But damn, that source engine rain is awesome.

I think Metroid Prime had nice water visor effects, though D: I think that's worth mentioning.

Spoit

WinFonda said:
Metal Gear Solid 2 intro + rain

Uncharted Rain *SPOILERS DONT CLICK IF YOU HAVENT PLAYED THE GAME*

Gears of War rain

In my opinion MGS2 still does it the best, artistically speaking.

Uncharted and Gears is pretty much a toss up.

That's (uncharted) the rain that everyone's sploging over? It's probably the crappy youtube resolution, but I'm not impressed at all. I forgot about gears though, that's pretty good.

And CoD4 is exhibit #1 of poorly hidden sheets of textures for rain

EDIT: well, Actually, I'll admit that I was wrong about the rain, it was the water part of that level that was horribly textured low-poly geometry,
HD video:http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22600.html

DeadCell

glaurung said:
Rain Trip? What the deuce?

Is it some kind of an LSD simulator featuring pink sweaters?
I was leaning more towards the homoerotic adventures of a PSP owner featuring a pink sweater wearing Japanese man...

Anyways, PGR4?

Darkpen

Banned
Spoit said:
That's (uncharted) the rain that everyone's sploging over? It's probably the crappy youtube resolution, but I'm not impressed at all. I forgot about gears though, that's pretty good.

And CoD4 is exhibit #1 of poorly hidden sheets of textures for rain
no, dude, its ugly. I don't understand these people praising it. I also don't praise COD4's rain. What the fuck is up with rain going THROUGH the chopper?

Gears has better rain than either two games, and that's just an observation I made from watching that youtube clip!

(though the source engine one is hawt, too)

Spoit

Darkpen said:
no, dude, its ugly. I don't understand these people praising it. I also don't praise COD4's rain. What the fuck is up with rain going THROUGH the chopper?

Gears has better rain than either two games, and that's just an observation I made from watching that youtube clip!

(though the source engine one is hawt, too)
I wasn't replying to you in paticular, it was just convienient to quote your post for the uncharted video

Top Bottom