• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best season pass you've bought?

Psykodad

Banned
I rarely buy season passes, but I'd have to go with The Division.
The game went from mediocre to great, in part because of the DLC.

Just a little too late for me personally, though.

Andyliini

Xenoblade Chronicles 2, altough it's not really a season pass per se. The content with it is not available otherwise, but it's well worth the price, so that's my choice.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Best- Borderlands 2.
Worst- Borderlands The Pre-sequel.

If Witcher 3 counts then there's that.

Bioshock Infinite wasn't bad.

Nymphae

Banned
Never been interested in these. Essential content should be on the disc that I paid almost $90 for in Canada. Extra stuff is extra, and in general I have never been impressed enough by additional DLC impressions to make me pay for one. Those DOA season pass prices are so laughable.

All of which is to say I'm pretty pissed that fighting games are moving this direction. Here's a basic 20 character roster, now pay to fill it out. I know that the old model wasn't ideal either, every year buying a new SF2 update to stay current. But this new DLC practice feels even worse to me. Right out of the gate they're selling you something they know is incomplete, with the expectation you will spend more dollars. Yes, it's nice that I can kind of pick and choose the characters I want and not have to waste money on shit I don't need, but I think DLC practices taint overall design decisions - the game simply feels like a shell I'm expected to flush out with more dollars, and as a final consumer product, this to me is decidedly worse feeling than a game like SF2, where you knew this was the final version they wanted you and everyone else to play, everyone had the same characters, etc.

Top Bottom