Best Shotgun in Games

I'm typically a pinpoint-accuracy guy, but the shotguns in Left 4 Dead and Metro 2033 (Last Light's weren't quite as satisfying) really did win me over. Left 4 Dead 2's combat shotgun's an absolute beast of a firearm.

Halo CE' M90 (or the M45 if youre playing CEA) 8-gauge shotty was a scary weapon. Easily the best weapon to kill the flood and foolish covies alike. It was also the best of the series. THE M90II and M90B practically only have a third of the range (the M45 in reach and the Mwhatever in 4 and 5 are good overall, but I'd take the og CE boomstick anyday)
The shotgun was my trusty sidekick in that insane Library level and I remember many good times killing members of the enemy team with it inside their base on blood gulch.

Great weapon, this game also has my favorite pistol lol.

Doom II super shotgun, always and forever. The sounds (the "BOOM" and "click-clock-click") and the power of it are intensely satisfying.

My favorites are Gears of War Gnasher, DMC4 Coyote-A and the triple barrel shotgun in Bulletstorm. Also, I don't know if they count as shotguns, but Bloodborne's blunderbuss and the spear rifle are pretty cool.

Doom 3 shotgun. Such a beast.
I can't abide. It's a glorified melee weapon albeit a powerful one at that range and the sound wasn't very good imo.

There is a new BF style shooter on steam called WW3 and it has 2 shotguns and both of them are nice. They have actual shotgun like properties, and can actually inflict damage at greater than 20 feet. :p

I'm biased. Doom has been said but I'm going to vote specifically for the single-barrel shotgun. The super shotgun has that fantastic feeling of impact but I almost always found myself using the single barrel over the double. Power and speed.

I can't abide. It's a glorified melee weapon albeit a powerful one at that range and the sound wasn't very good imo.

There is a new BF style shooter on steam called WW3 and it has 2 shotguns and both of them are nice. They have actual shotgun like properties, and can actually inflict damage at greater than 20 feet. :p
I like the DOOM 3 shotgun, but the problem with it isnt it's range or the sound imo. It's the god awful random weapon spread. Sometimes the gun with 1 shot in close range, at other times it takes 2 to 3 shots. I'm talking point blank right in their faces.