• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Shotgun in Games

Dacon

Banned
What's the punchiest, most powerful shotgun in games in your opinion?

I'm talking thunderous sounds and strong feedback from the weapon itself.

Videos are welcome.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Off the top of my head, I loved shotguns in Battlefield 3 running around the small maps... Noshahr Canals in particular.

IIRC a lot of people would run their server as no-shotguns because it was overpowered.

Last edited:
B80BADE51C7796E0BF6EF2E9CD98C8D7E921A32A

camelCase

The RDR2 shot guns are actually pretty satisfying, IMO and I'm not just saying that because it came out a week ago.

All the guns in the game are very loud including the shotgun, and its slug ammo can fell enemies in a single shot. The pump shotgun is my favorite so far, after getting the double barrel, pump action and semi auto.

Honorable mention for STALKER's over/under shotgun.
F2F6260063133F7AD211D47544CF9F38766F584E

This thing could drop an enemy at 300 yards. To fuck around, I would make my jump height a few hundred feet and do inverse skeet shooting with people on the ground.

Codes 208

Halo CE' M90 (or the M45 if youre playing CEA) 8-gauge shotty was a scary weapon. Easily the best weapon to kill the flood and foolish covies alike. It was also the best of the series. THE M90II and M90B practically only have a third of the range (the M45 in reach and the Mwhatever in 4 and 5 are good overall, but I'd take the og CE boomstick anyday)

But also the Gnasher from Gears of War. The game practically centers itself around thr gnasher

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'm partial to the shotgun in the original Gears of War. That probably has a lot to do with the roadie run and host advantage, though, muahaha.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Shotguns in RE games are great I always used them alot

RE 4-7 shotguns are all good

Honorable mention
Killzone 2-3
Batlefield
GTA
Doom

I rarely use shotguns on call of duty game

bilderberg

The shotgun in Halo 1 is easily the best. You know what, I think the shotgun in FEAR kind of sucks. Why use a shotgun when you can just slo-mo and take pot shot's at enemies head's? You know what happens if the shotgun doesn't kill, you spend the remaining amount of your slo-mo just pumping the damn thing again.

Z..

Doom 2 and nuDoom by a country mile. Not even a huge Doom fan... it's just that good.

Vlaphor

It might not be the best shotgun per se, but the best shotgun shot is when you get a close range headshot in Kane and Lynch 2. The whole game is done found footage style, and when you get a close up headshot with a shotgun, it mosaics it out. Looks much more graphic that way than if his head just exploded.

drotahorror

For fairly recent MP games, BF4 and Black Ops 3 had some good shotties. They might have been nerfed since the last time I played them though.

I dunno, just trying to think of some games not mentioned yet.

The shotguns in RDR2 are pretty ok. You can blow someone's head off with the sawed off. Not sure if there is any more dismemberment besides that though.

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned
I've never felt like the shotguns in battlefield really give good feedback when killing enemies. They die much the same way they would to any other weapon. Theres no blowback, no dismemberment or anything.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I've never felt like the shotguns in battlefield really give good feedback when killing enemies. They die much the same way they would to any other weapon. Theres no blowback, no dismemberment or anything.
I agree... my BF3 comment was more focused on the sense of power you get from obliterating others in multiplayer with one or two closeup shotgun blasts when they weren't expecting you to be around the corner.

Top Bottom