• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best thrash metal band singer

Faenrir

One of the worst bands i've seen live, ever. They were opening for Iron Maiden and the singer thought he was the big star lmao.
Terrible performance and people started chanting "Maiden, Maiden, Maiden" during their concert lol... so yeah maybe i'm biased but even their records are so cheesy...

Meowzers

Since when are Pantera and Slipknot thrash lol. You need to go get your metal facts straight.
I'm really new to this music. Didn't say Corey was, but they're my fave frontmen. Listening to them on a collab track would be insane.

Plus at the time...and right now I was a good 10 beers into a good session.

Meowzers

One of the worst bands i've seen live, ever. They were opening for Iron Maiden and the singer thought he was the big star lmao.
Terrible performance and people started chanting "Maiden, Maiden, Maiden" during their concert lol... so yeah maybe i'm biased but even their records are so cheesy...
Pantera? Must have been a bad day then, because Pantera live were absolutely wild.

teezzy

Banned

Yeah, but what about Future World?

Senua

And the all time best metal vocalist, thrash or anything, is GUY RITTER!
One of the most unique metal voices ever.

cC6uigG.jpg

This is probably his best vocal performance, phenomenal super emotional stuff:

READY OR NOOOOOOTTTTTT, HERE I COOoooOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOMEEEEE

Tom Araya and Dave Mustaine are at the top of the mountain. He may not necessarily be thrash but Ronnie James Dio has the voice of a god.

Airola

I can stand some cheese... i enjoy Rhapsody or Luca Turilli for instance but Helloween is too much.

So you like cheese when it's done seriously and without humor but don't like it when it's done with humor and tongue in cheek?

HF2014

Lots of great voices for thrash metal bands, but always love Steve Souza from Exodus.

James Hetfield voice in And Justice for All is also pretty great. Well i think all voices from Thrash metal bands from 80s- 90s were fitting th

Its not thrash, but Chuck Schuldiner from Death got the perfect Death Metal voice in Leprosy, Spiritual Healing, Human.

Always consider hearing the lyrics in voices of a Death Metal bands were better than screaming, yelling voice like Cannibal Corpse, etc. Probably a reason why i like Deicide first album bette than all the others after.

Oh and please shut up, Pantera is thrash metal!:messenger_horns:

Faenrir

So you like cheese when it's done seriously and without humor but don't like it when it's done with humor and tongue in cheek?
I like when singers can actually sing 🤷🏻‍♂️

And yeah, Chuck had the best dm voice ever... funny, he didn't like it...just like Hendrix

Last edited:
Top Bottom