• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best vehicle in the Grand Theft Auto series?

hobbitx

My all time two favs are the Sentinels from gta3&VC and the Stingers from VC. I don't know why, but it just seemed like the Stingers from VC not only looked better, they kinda handled better and lasted longer too.

evil ways

From GTA 3:

Mafia Sentinel
Stinger

Vice City:

Blista Compact
Cheetah

The Blista Compact is surprisingly very fast and has very good handling compared to the Infernus and Comet.

bjork

Bobcat was prone to tipping, made me die too often.

Give me something with a good wheelbase and speed, like the Stinger in GTAIII, or the plain police car... take a lot of damage before they both blow up, too.

In Vice City, PCJ all the way.

In San Andreas, BICYCLE. Pedal-by shootings are going to rule.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
infernus.jpg

raYne

...that and they (especially the police car) have an almost SUV-like roll over rate.

The top 3 cars in GTA3 are definitely the Cheetah, Stinger and Mafia Sentinel.. in that order. The Infernus would be on that list but it loses control too easily at high speed.

In VC and overall as mentioned before, it's all about the PJC. I never use anything else, even on missions, unless its absolutely required.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Yeah - the Sentinel is tough enough to take a beating, and still provides a lot of speed. The best balanced vehicle in the series, imo.

Matlock

Banned
Well, yeah. I never did get the handle of the analogue control with the X button...it's always full tilt ahead!

Although I did just finish that mission with a bus, so I'm pleased.

Matlock

Banned
Yeah, that was the *first* thing I thought of, only because it was deliciously naughty to run over people while holding down the jingling bell array.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I haven't played the PS1 games, but my selections are...

GTA3: Taxi. I loved the control on them, especially their ability to easily back up and do a 180 real fast. They were so versatile and resilient, just perfect for the variety of jobs n the game. The only time they were a problem was when I needed serious speed, at those times I would use a Stinger.

Vice City: COMET! I have pulled some CRAZY stuff in Comets, their controls are amazing. They blow up pretty easily though, so sometimes I'll use the slightly tougher (and far mroe common) Cheetah. Cheetahs are also better at high speed 90 degree turns if you know how to use the hand brake right. Of course sometimes you need to use a bike, with the PCJ being the obvious choice there.

hobbitx

GTA3: Taxi. I loved the control on them, especially their ability to easily back up and do a 180 real fast. They were so versatile and resilient, just perfect for the variety of jobs n the game. The only time they were a problem was when I needed serious speed, at those times I would use a Stinger.

So true, even though I have my favorite cars handling and lookwise, the taxis were definitely the most reliable imo. When I played GTA3 I was in a taxi about 80% of the time. They are perfect for the basic missions hit missions.

bjork

I'm at 92% on my 100% GTAIII Xbox run. It wasn't until I hit about 80-some percent that I remembered you can play custom music.

Body Count is great for this game. :)

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Not sure what car it was called, but it was in the first GTA. It was a red street car with a flame job on it. It was just really fast and cool looking.

MaddenNFL64

I always wanted to be in a Cheetah, or Infernus, and sometimes a Banshee for aesthetics, but for missions & killing sprees, it was usually a Taxi, or any other solid middle sized car that could take a decent pounding :).

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I've barely played GTAIII so I can't comment on it.

For GTAVC my favorites are:

The Comet is easily my favorite regular vehicle in the game. As someone mentioned, you can do some crazy stuff with them. I was even able to get inside of the golf course with one by riding up a hill near the pedestrian bridge just past the main entrance. It made that mission where you have to catch that guy in the golf cart a hell of a lot easier.

The Rhino (the tank). Pure mayhem.

The Hunter (the army chopper). Pure mayhem x1000. This is what I would probably consider the best vehicle in the series.

andthebeatgoeson

The Hunter was great once I figured out how to get the police bribes in Vice City West (near the Hatian and Cuban parts) without getting out of the vehicle and that the gun was useful in not drawing police attention. No need in drawing multiple helicopters when I've actually crashed because I hit a damn helicopter. As a matter of fact, I might go play some right now.

Insertia

The Airplane from GTA3. That one vehicle gave GTA3 tons depth. I spent an entire year learning how to fly it. Now I'm pretty much a pro at it. :)

The cop cars were easily the best vehicle in GTA3, in VC this wasn't quite as true.

My favorite car in the whole series is the Sabre Turbo.

Top Bottom