• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Videogame Menu tracks

mcjmetroid

What are your favorite Videogame Menu tracks? It doesn't have to be the music when you're scrolling through the menu, it can even be the "press start" screen.

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

This game disappointed me especially in it's soundtrack department. Why they made the decision to redo the entire thing I'll never know.
However there's no denying when they DID use the original's soundtrack it was amazing. The menu theme is one such example.

Metroid Prime

To be honest it was either this "press start" theme or the actual menu theme. I couldn't decide. Of course this is an iconic piece and visually one of the greatest intros in gaming. The intro is absolute hype. I could have filled this full of Metroid themes to be honest. Super Metroid and the original Metroid are also iconic and also atmospheric.

Killer Instinct:Arcade version

I'm cheating a tad here but seen as it's an arcade game there's no menu theme per say. I could have also put the character select theme in here as well which is also hype.
I mean this entire intro to the game is amazing.

Mortal Kombat: Megadrive version

By far the best version of the theme, it actually outclasses the arcade version by a fair margin. The Super Nintendo one is up for debate but I don't think so.

Thunderforce IV: Megadrive version

If you haven't tried this game I assure you to give it a go. I've never heard better 16bit music to this day and obviously will likely never unless I discover some old classic.
This isn't even near the best track in the game

Last edited:

Ellery

Does the Silent Hill HD Collection (which is actually awful for many other reasons) count where you can choose between playing Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3?
Because in that menu you can listen to I think it is Theme of Laura (SH2) and You're not here (SH3).

I love those. Man I love those.

Nymphae

Banned
From recent memory, the Farcry 5 and Spiderman menu music choices were excellent. Really loved that chill map music in Spider-man.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
In recent times, the BLOPS1 menu music, Doom, and GTAV pause menu music are some of my faves. I also like Crysis 2s menu track because everything he touches turns to gold.

Saber

Gold Member
Sonic Riders Zero Gravity(the game is trash though)
Batman Arkhan City
Homefront
Bloodbourne
Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask
Shinobi X(game is not good though)
Kenseiden(Master System)
Samurai Shodown 5
Shinning Force 5
A.M.O.K
Revenge of Shinobi(intro and brief story)

Last edited:

and

(molasar put up the main title above - this here is the menu music when you return from a table to the selection)

Last edited:

stranno

Psygnosis' Formula 1 (imo the best Formula 1 game of all time) had really powerful rock tracks in the main menu.

Shaqazooloo

Mario Kart 8:

I love the build up to the race, with each section of the menu adding more to the song. I'm aware the same can be said for Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7 but I just like this song way more because it goes from a calm sounding song to a quite energetic beat that gets me ready to race, also I just like this song way more than Wii/7.

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
Does the Silent Hill HD Collection (which is actually awful for many other reasons) count where you can choose between playing Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3?
Because in that menu you can listen to I think it is Theme of Laura (SH2) and You're not here (SH3).

I love those. Man I love those.

Came to post this.

Nymphae

Banned

Pretty sure all of the music for this game was sourced from Overclocked Remix.

Last edited:
Top Bottom