Best Xbla games in the last 2 years

Jul 16, 2009
Arkansas
I wouldn't reccomend anyone buy anything as they will not carryover...however if I must: Dust, Monaco, Gunslinger, and Blood Dragon are all amazing and fairly "new". if xbla is your only option get them. if you have a PC....

I plan on keeping my 360 for many years. Own well over 60 games, probably close to 150 with Xbla and Xbox downloads

Dec 31, 2008
If you like puzzle games, please get these games (unless you already own them on another platform, of course):

ilomilo
Braid
Limbo
The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
Fez

Nov 1, 2005
As a pc gamer , im going to name the ones i bought , im sure a few of these are on PC.

Guardian Heroes - at 400 points , if you dont buy this game i will cut you.
Spelunky (On pc?)
Trials Evoloution - on pc i beleive but so fun.
Platformance 1+2 (Temple of something and the other...lol), these are great INdie games for 80 points each , make sure you have a non shitty d-pad controller or something else to play with.Unforgiving. (These ARE on pc)

Shmups :
Ikaruga
Radiant Silvergun
Strania
Trouble Witches Neo
Raystorm HD
Deathsmiles 2
Guwange

Prolly a few shmups im forgetting

If you dont own virtua fighter showdown , i would also HIGHLY recommend that.

Jan 5, 2009
noogy.com
Doom and Ikaruga are my favorite games on XBLA. Ports sure, but there you go.

edit: BTW I'm an idiot and can't read... those obviously came out more than two years ago.

Hmm, Bastion of course. Absolutely LOOOOVED Spelunky, though that game is a bastard.

And you guys saying Dust are rad :)

Feb 24, 2013
Iron Brigade

One of my favourite 360 games of all time is Iron Brigade (formerly know as Trenched). It's like a tower defence/3rd person shooter with heaps of loot and awesome graphics, bosses, online co-op and good humour. Easily the best game on XBLA imo, cannot recommend this enough and i'm dying for a sequel.

Other recommendations:

Gatling Gears

Isometric shmup like assault heroes - Good diffculty, awesome graphics, explosions, co-op and quite a lengthy campaign.

Renegade Ops

- Same perks as Gatling Gears except co-op mode does a weird 1 screen to split screen type thing that works but can be a bit disorienting.

Others:
Scott Pilgrim Vs the World
Shadow Complex

I know the last two are a little over 2 years old but just thought i'd throw them out here.