• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Xbla games in the last 2 years

NIGHT-

After the awesome point sale today, I'm sure quite a few of us loaded up on some points! I haven't kept up with recent Xbla games. What are the major pick ups?

Sojgat

Mark of the Ninja
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Double Dragon Neon

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Probably Trials Evolution. Haven't enjoyed much on XBLA in the past two years.

I wouldn't reccomend anyone buy anything as they will not carryover...however if I must: Dust, Monaco, Gunslinger, and Blood Dragon are all amazing and fairly "new". if xbla is your only option get them. if you have a PC....

NIGHT-

I wouldn't reccomend anyone buy anything as they will not carryover...however if I must: Dust, Monaco, Gunslinger, and Blood Dragon are all amazing and fairly "new". if xbla is your only option get them. if you have a PC....

I plan on keeping my 360 for many years. Own well over 60 games, probably close to 150 with Xbla and Xbox downloads

Montresor

If you like puzzle games, please get these games (unless you already own them on another platform, of course):

ilomilo
Braid
Limbo
The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
Fez

lbk62

The Walking Dead
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Terraria
Minecraft
Radiant Silvergun
Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury
Trouble Witches Neo!
Strania

therapist

As a pc gamer , im going to name the ones i bought , im sure a few of these are on PC.

Guardian Heroes - at 400 points , if you dont buy this game i will cut you.
Spelunky (On pc?)
Trials Evoloution - on pc i beleive but so fun.
Platformance 1+2 (Temple of something and the other...lol), these are great INdie games for 80 points each , make sure you have a non shitty d-pad controller or something else to play with.Unforgiving. (These ARE on pc)

Shmups :
Ikaruga
Radiant Silvergun
Strania
Trouble Witches Neo
Raystorm HD
Deathsmiles 2
Guwange

Prolly a few shmups im forgetting

If you dont own virtua fighter showdown , i would also HIGHLY recommend that.

Satchel

Banned
Mark of the Ninja
Dust
Alan Wakes American Nightmare
Call of Juarez

there's tonnes, but those instantly come to mind.

I wouldn't reccomend anyone buy anything as they will not carryover...

You'd have to be interested in buying an Xbox One to care if they carry over though.

I'd recommend giving these a go:
BattleBlock Theater, Mark of the Ninja, Trials Evolution, Fez, Walking Dead, Spelunky, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Sine Mora, Bastion.

cuilan

Monster World Collection
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Guardian Heroes
Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds
Guwange
Trouble Witches Neo
Bangai-O HD
ilomilo
Deathsmiles 2X (via Games on Demand)

CMD+F "Bastion"

Only 1 match? Fucking GAF.

oAoeqwe.jpg

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Daytona USA. Not kidding, it's a great reminder that racing games don't need 1,000 cars and insane realism to be fun. TrojanX and Isamu can back me up.

Trials Evolution, no doubt. It's the main reason why I plan on keeping my 360 for a long, long time. Infinitely repayable and you're constantly improving.

Noogy

Doom and Ikaruga are my favorite games on XBLA. Ports sure, but there you go.

edit: BTW I'm an idiot and can't read... those obviously came out more than two years ago.

Hmm, Bastion of course. Absolutely LOOOOVED Spelunky, though that game is a bastard.

And you guys saying Dust are rad :)

Iron Brigade
Trenched_78181_screen.jpg

One of my favourite 360 games of all time is Iron Brigade (formerly know as Trenched). It's like a tower defence/3rd person shooter with heaps of loot and awesome graphics, bosses, online co-op and good humour. Easily the best game on XBLA imo, cannot recommend this enough and i'm dying for a sequel.

Other recommendations:

Gatling Gears
s2fed640c9f0234d406fbb9fa866265a7f8fa71507.jpg

Isometric shmup like assault heroes - Good diffculty, awesome graphics, explosions, co-op and quite a lengthy campaign.

Renegade Ops
Renegade_Ops_Game_Modes_1.jpg

- Same perks as Gatling Gears except co-op mode does a weird 1 screen to split screen type thing that works but can be a bit disorienting.

Others:
Scott Pilgrim Vs the World
Shadow Complex

I know the last two are a little over 2 years old but just thought i'd throw them out here.

+1 to the suggestions ugh_the_boot. Gatling Gears was much better than I thought it'd be.

But is Iron Brigade worth it if you're soloing? I like mechs but I'm not really a fan of tower defense. So I've never tried it.

Top Bottom