• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda E3 2018 Showcase on June 10

Masagiwa

Bethesda will have a showcase this year at E3 2018 on June 10 at 6:30 p.m. PT / 9:30 p.m. ET

The showcase will be streamed on YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, and Bethesda.net.

5t0OiQr.jpg

Last edited:
Christ, is it getting to be that time again already?

I liked Bethesda's showcase last year, though. Short, sweet, to the point. Wish more companies would do the same.

Barakov

Gold Member
Bethesda is pretty good at announcements, I think. Well, when they announce something new. Won't happen, but I want to hear about the next Elder Scrolls and something from ID.

Yagami_Sama

Let's see if they will keep supporting Switch, and if some surprises will be announced there. And please , release Wolfenstein 2 for Switch prior to E3.

Good thing about Bethesda is whatever they announce will be released this year. I'm curious about Starfield. Skyrim in space?

MDSLKTR

They been killing with their vr titles so I hope more is announced. Otherwise i expect morrowind remake and rage 2, it is time.

DZ_b_EZ

I sometimes do play testing for id Software. I think some of you guys will like what they have coming soon (/¯–‿・)/¯

Andyliini

Hopefully more games for Switch, too. There still isn't release date for Wolfenstein, so hopefully there's more than that.

120v

elder scrolls 6 is like 2020 at the earliest. it won't show

hopefully we'll get to see whatever they worked on after Fallout 4, finally.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
What are the chances of an all new ip?
Starfield is a new ip, and its their next game, so... 100%.

Those asking for elder scrolls weren't paying attention last e3 and this year.

There will be no new ES game on this gen hardware. Todd has said they are not powerful enough to fulfill the vision for th e game. Also they have two full projects before the next ES.

Expect ES VI in 2021-2023.

Last edited:

ultrazilla

Almost a certainty that we’ll get Nintendo Switch ports of Wolfenstein: The New Order, Hearthstone, Fallout 4 and Diablo 3 and a release date for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus for Switch. "Prey" could be a good possible port candidate but I’m not sure if the Switch can handle the Cry Engine. I think Bethesda is going to surprise people with the amount of support they’re throwing behind Nintendo and the Switch.

And that Blizzard tweet where they teased a Diablo plug-in wall light where it’s being shown getting "switched(get it?)" on and off a few times is an awesome tease. Diablo 3 will sell a ton on the system..

I hope Skyrim and Doom are selling well for them on the Switch. Does anyone know any sales figures for digital and physical copies?

This all could be a pipe dream as well but that’s the fun with E3 and speculation. Cheers!

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I'm ready for an Elder Scrolls 6.

I'm also ready for Bethesda to hire some real artists and physics engineers to show real collision detection. I want it to look like i just smacked an enemy with 30 lb battle axe.

Also please change the sound of critical strikes and sneak attacks. That stupid "klunk"sound makes no sense. FIX IT!

Starfield is a new ip, and its their next game, so... 100%.

Those asking for elder scrolls weren't paying attention last e3 and this year.

There will be no new ES game on this gen hardware. Todd has said they are not powerful enough to fulfill the vision for th e game. Also they have two full projects before the next ES.

Expect ES VI in 2021-2023.

That's cool, hopefully we see something about it this year.

KevinKeene

Banned
Almost a certainty that we’ll get Nintendo Switch ports of Wolfenstein: The New Order, Hearthstone, Fallout 4 and Diablo 3 and a release date for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus for Switch. "Prey" could be a good possible port candidate but I’m not sure if the Switch can handle the Cry Engine. I think Bethesda is going to surprise people with the amount of support they’re throwing behind Nintendo and the Switch.

And that Blizzard tweet where they teased a Diablo plug-in wall light where it’s being shown getting "switched(get it?)" on and off a few times is an awesome tease. Diablo 3 will sell a ton on the system..

I hope Skyrim and Doom are selling well for them on the Switch. Does anyone know any sales figures for digital and physical copies?

This all could be a pipe dream as well but that’s the fun with E3 and speculation. Cheers!

It'd be extremely disappointing if Wolfenstein 2 wasn't out before E3. Talk about stretching it thin ...

Mike555

Neo Member
Feels like Beth hasn't released a game in a decade. Almost forgot about them. Is Todd still enthusiastic about role playing games? Is Todd still involved creatively?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Their showcases have been really good and that's because they make you feel like you're a fan. Bethesda had that theme park setup and they've went with the theme park theme last year.

It's enjoyable. It was awesome when they had the monks come out on stage for the Skyrim reveal on the VGA's.

I like the focus around a single player game. There's nothing wrong with a high quality single player experience. I owned all the games they showcased last year. It feels like you can watch the event, get excited for the game, buy the game, and enjoy the ride. It might be all marketing, but after you own the vast majority of their products; it becomes clear that you can play their games and have fun.

I went to the mall and bought Fallout 3 and Gears of War 2 from GameStop back in 2008. It was great, but I probably enjoyed Gears 2 a lot more at the time. It took me a few years and a GOTY version of Fallout 3 to enjoy it. And I had the PS3,360, and PC version of Fallout 3. I got New Vegas at launch. But Fallout 4 felt like its own ride. Something to go see and/or experience with quality.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
BGS games take too long to make these days for Starfield to be shown, let alone TESVI. Even if they surprise, I'm just not interested in their work outside of TES. Same for the publisher for the most part, although I'm willing to give id a shot after how well DOOM came out.

EDMIX

Christ, is it getting to be that time again already?

I liked Bethesda's showcase last year, though. Short, sweet, to the point. Wish more companies would do the same.

Agreed. No fluff. Just show us what they have in store for games and let us live life lol. Its ok if a publisher has a small stable of games, but having a longer event to make them seem more grand doesn't really help and I like that it was shorter last year. Doesn't change the fact that they have very little titles, but most of us don't even care about that. We just want some footage of some cool games!

I need Starfield reveal and demo!

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm really interested in seeing what id do next. I don't care if it's another DOOM, a new Quake or a Rage sequel. I just want more id software!

Elder Scrolls seems like it's long overdue a sequel too but I've never really had much interest in that franchise.

Pallas

Gold Member
Can’t wait to be honest, I’m expecting to hear more about Starfield but by the way they are talking, there will be a lot more so here’s hoping we hear something about TES:VI as well or even a potential Fallout spin off(Like New Vegas)

Let’s gooooooooo!

Top Bottom