- Oct 24, 2008
A few things worth noting:
- This job posting seems to be separate from their mobile game, as all their mobile job postings list that they're for a mobile game, and the mobile game isn't referred to as being "AAA".
- They have previously said they're working on two "big" games and a mobile title, so this being one of the big titles would make sense.
- To be clear, this is Bethesda Game Studios (the developer of Elder Scrolls/Fallout), not just Bethesda Softworks the publisher.
Source: https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/1412Bethesda Game Studios is looking for a great Game Performance Manager based in Montreal, to join the team that is pushing the bleeding-edge AAA freemium game development.
In this role, you will work with game team to envision, evolve, and operate monetization strategies, targeting the intersection of revenue generation goals and quality player experience. Ideally, you will have experience defining and operating online game business models, and have a deep understanding of player interactions with those models, both at the individual and community levels.
- Work with the game design team on monetization design, strategy and execution;
- Envision in-game content and business model recommendations;
- Set requirements and create specifications for monetization features;
- Drive and operate the resulting initiatives;
- Analyze the competitive landscape and benchmark against competitors;
- Drive data analysis and research to evaluate the health of the business and to explore new business opportunities;
- Assimilate feedback from players, competitive research, market trends, and quantitative data to propose and make recommendations that impact game content and product vision;
- Develop testing methodologies, analyze data to optimize price points and model the impact of new game features;
- Work with team to define metrics and develop dashboards to measure engagement and monetization success;
- Regularly review monetization strategy and performance, and present results to stakeholders;
- Undergraduate degree level education in Business or related field;
- A minimum of 5 years' experience supporting AAA products;
- Strong competence in analyzing data and drawing actionable business insight;
- Proven experience taking business initiatives from conception to launch;
- Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills;
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment and manage multiple complex projects with diverse groups;
- Being comfortable with uncertainty;
- Combination of game development and game publishing experience