• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda have outright ignored Asia (region 3) for Fallout 4 updates

I keep checking with my friends here in Taiwan, and none of us have received the day-one update, nor have we gotten the more recent (and apparently essential) 1.02.

I've been doing some digging and it seems that a small group of fans are trying to get some answers regarding this issue, but to no avail.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/164592-fallout-4/72967988/838845854

I have to do the legwork on Google, but gamers in Asia are reporting not receiving these updates.

How in the hell could Bethesda fail to support their game in an entire region? With The Witcher 3 I could always expect the update to be delivered several days behind NA and Europe, but at least we were getting them consistently. I understand that the certification process might be different for different countries/territories, but this is unacceptable.

Any certain "press sneak fucks" around who might feel this is worth looking into?

In my opinion, this is an utterly ridiculous and seemingly lazy oversight on their part.

Edit: It's the console version, and for me and my friends specifically PS4.

What platform are you on? If it's PS4, there is always the possibility that Sony's stupid system of splitting Sony Computer Entertainment into three different companies is the problem, and the Asian branch is rejecting these for whatever damn reason.

At this point Sony's European branch has consistently fucked up so many things I wouldn't be surprised if the Asian branch did too. Only American Sony can be trusted with anything.

erawsd

You sure its not Sony? I've commonly seen complaints in OTs for other games where the arm of that controls patches to HK and other asian territories is notoriously bad at releasing updates timely.

It may be a Sony issue. Back when I was working in Malaysia, I had an Asian PSN account and that thing was fucking embarrassing. It's like Sony Asia was actively trying to discourage people from using their service.

You sure its not Sony? I've commonly seen complaints in OTs for other games where the arm of that controls patches to HK and other asian territories is notoriously bad at releasing updates timely.

Well apparently some of the people who have filed inquiries have said they were redirected back to Bethesda. One post I read said they were told by Sony (SEA) that Bethesda were the ones who are responsible for that.

But at this point, why wouldn't Bethesda communicate any issues with the certification process with their consumer base? It's an entire region that is currently two updates behind.

mikemandey

I live in South East Asia, Indonesia to be exact. I don't have any issue with the new update on Steam but I can confirm that my friends haven't received any update on PS4 platform.

I was going to ask if anyone knew the situation with X1 players in Asia, but I think we'd have more chance of getting a response from Bethesda than finding someone in Asia who owns a Xbox.

Lancelot

Mad Max took weeks to update to 1.02 and maybe more recent too if purchased at the brazillian PSN. It's a shame.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
How long has it been since the last patch? I forget.

I also typically buy R3 games and none of them ever had this issue.... I guess I dodged a bullet here by actually getting the R1 version of Fallout this time.

This is for years of Americans waiting for those glorious games from Nippon. Now that the shoe is in the other foot, we are exacting our vengence on this heathens for making us endure those humiliating and often dehumanizing waits! Take that Gamearts and Square and Konami and Capcom!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
What platform are you on? If it's PS4, there is always the possibility that Sony's stupid system of splitting Sony Computer Entertainment into three different companies is the problem, and the Asian branch is rejecting these for whatever damn reason.

It's not unique to Sony, all the major platform holders separate their approval process by region.

It's not unique to Sony, all the major platform holders separate their approval process by region.
No, it's not. Xbox at least does push updates to every region of the game in any region with very rare exceptions. Plus DLC, too. I think that's why you hear people get pissed at stuff like Rock Band 4 DLC exports going fine at the same time on Xbox but in Europe it's a fucking mess on PS4.

Yes, while it wasnt hell to play through and finish Fallout 4 without a patch after a couple of weeks, a patch would be grand. It surprises me that Asian copies haven't received their patch where as the US R1 and R2 Europe have already up 1.02.

Edit: Also on PS4 fyi.

Nintendo does, but Microsoft does not. There is only one Xbox store with all the content in it regardless of region (some content may be unavailable somewhere but that's because of legal issues). Sales are also worldwide like on Steam.

Its not unique to Sony. But it just happens to Sony a lot.

The lack of coordination between different PSN regional branches for patches / DLC / and even Games seeing unexplained delays due to some random region holding a game up in its area has been a issue since the PS3 launched.

PSN Asia is terrible. Hong Kong user here...

Well it's important to note that I use my country of origin (Canada, in this case) as my main account with the PS+ sub (always have), with whatever country I currently reside in as my secondary account.

This issue is not tied to where your account originates from, but where the disc/region code of the game is coming from. So all of this wouldn't have been an issue had I bought the game digitally from the Canadian PSN store. Your IP address doesn't matter.

I simply use my Taiwan secondary account to redeem bonus DLC voucher codes or buy DLC from that store when that content is not "region-free" (even that is hit-or-miss).

The really shitty thing is, there's no consistency in any of this. Not in the releasing of game updates, not in the releasing of content on PSN, and certainly not in the region-restrictions on game DLC. It's all a big "maybe they will, maybe they won't", depending on the company.

It's really, really aggravating, as an expat gamer.

Its not unique to Sony. But it just happens to Sony a lot.

The lack of coordination between different PSN regional branches for patches / DLC / and even Games seeing unexplained delays due to some random region holding a game up in its area has been a issue since the PS3 launched.

In some cases, the game doesn't even show up. For example: Tearaway Unfolded, the game never made it to retail here in India because Sony India felt it could not sell.

mace999

Neo Member
Did Bethesda or Sony ever say anything about this yet?!
I've put off playing the game in hope that the patches come out but still no patches?! Surely it doesn't take that much for them to give us the patch in Asia?!
Also surely Bethesda have said why this is happening if someone has asked in their forums?

Evantist

Did Bethesda or Sony ever say anything about this yet?!
I've put off playing the game in hope that the patches come out but still no patches?! Surely it doesn't take that much for them to give us the patch in Asia?!
Also surely Bethesda have said why this is happening if someone has asked in their forums?

An admin on the official Fallout 4 forums wrote that the team is currently working on the patches for Asian region and they hope to resolve this issue before the end of the year.

mace999

Neo Member
An admin on the official Fallout 4 forums wrote that the team is currently working on the patches for Asian region and they hope to resolve this issue before the end of the year.

Ok thanks I just found that thread too, seems like the Xbox One got the patch a day or two ago, still waiting for the PS4 version tho .... You would have thought it would be quicker to do than this, we got The Witcher 3 patches only days after the US & Europe got them

Top Bottom