Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrROBschiz

Feb 9, 2013
Michigan
With an awful engine and a combat gimmick that gets old after 20 minutes, it's really not that impossible. Never played NV though.
At the time it came out most of that was forgivable for how quality the game was. I played when it first hit on 360 and loved it

But hey I get where you are coming from

Miles X

Aug 5, 2011
Who cares if it's cross gen? THey usually have a main team working on the game and a smaller team doing the PS360 versions.

Milennia

Sep 25, 2013
We need this after all that fake fallout 4 ARG shit we have had recently, time for the real deal

Blue Ninja

Dec 5, 2009
Belgium
twitter.com
I think it might be crossgen

Went through the CSS and it also mentions PS4, Xbox One and Steam which to me means that this is definitely not an old CSS; and yeah, it has 460 and PS3 in it as well.
Eh, maybe it's referring to the series as a whole. It's the website for Fallout, after all, not just Fallout 4. I highly doubt it'll be cross gen.

SwordStruck

Apr 3, 2013

Went through the CSS and it also mentions PS4, Xbox One and Steam which to me means that this is definitely not an old CSS; and yeah, it has 460 and PS3 in it as well.
Well, that's certainly not the news I was hoping for.

Heartfyre

Jan 12, 2013
I have looked at this at all angles, and...

Guys, I think this is legit!

I'm surprised that it looks like we're getting news about it prior to their conference. I figured they'd reveal it there as a surprise that would surprise no one.

Sodding_Gamer

Nov 13, 2013
For them to announce before even E3 gives me the inclination that we are going to see a playable Fallout 4 at E3 and a release at the end of the year.

On Demand

Dec 12, 2013

You gotta be kidding me with this.

Pop

Nov 20, 2011
Texas

Hype comes and hype goes

convo

Aug 16, 2013
Who cares if it's cross gen? THey usually have a main team working on the game and a smaller team doing the PS360 versions.
Yeah if it's like shadow of mordor, they will just throw out a pretty inferior port not worth remembering.

daveo42

Banned
Dec 28, 2012

That's...disappointing. Also hurts the idea of it getting a new engine.

styl3s

Nov 8, 2009
For them to announce before even E3 gives me the inclination that we are going to see a playable Fallout 4 at E3 and a release at the end of the year.
I will be shocked if we get it this year. Hell, i will be shocked if we get it by Q1-Q2 2016.

MattyG

Banned
Jan 11, 2014

I was almost positive it'd be current get only until now... but now I'm not sure.

RowdyReverb

Mar 27, 2014
Houston, TX

Damn. This far into current gen? Why?
It sounds like it would just make more work for the studio to try and keep the game within the capabilities of those consoles.

JumPeRJumPzZ

Banned
Dec 15, 2014
Germany

Wasnt there already this E3 list with Bethesda Games, were they mentioned a RPG for both console generations?

Seems like this is sadly true :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't usually complain about crossgen games, but with as ugly as the last Fallout games were, I want the new ones to be as pretty as possible.

Jun 28, 2013
Skyrim sold too much on all platforms for Bethesda to ignore them this time.
The drop off rate for last gen is real. They need the graphics and gameplay to stay competitive too, especially if it's releasing in 2016.

Last gen was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

tesqui

Apr 2, 2012

Well, if they've been working on it since skyrim, then it would have to of started on last gen. I guess they didn't want to scrap last gen, but keep last gen and port to current gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.