• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Cross-gen?

On one hand, I realize that the markets associated therein are extremely sizeable, but on the other, thinking about 360/PS3 limitations translating to gimped experiences on Current-gen/PC.....

Vadernoooo.jpeg.

Pillville

Why the fuck did I buy next gen systems? for cross-gen games and remasters?

I don't want a 2005 game in my 2014 machine. so disappointing if true.

Durante

Good that it's crossgen. I'll probably end up playing on PC, but Skyrim was certainly not a game held back by being on Xbox 360 or PS3. I'm glad more people will be able to play and enjoy this game.
Huh? Separate town maps with huge walls even for small settlements. Separate indoors maps. That's just two huge ones.

The only way i can see cross-gen working in some way is if they make it like two separate game, as in create it as a current-gen game but then remove lots of content for the previous-gen version, rather than having to limit the current-gen game. I don't know if that would really be possible, though.

On the bright side. This will probably have the best framerate of any console Bethesda game, on next gen at least, even if it's not as ambitious as ES6.

I can think of few game types that would be more limited by cross-gen development than Bethesda's open world titles. I hope it's not true.

Absolutely, good grief. After experiencing a few open world games that have seamless interiors and exteriors, the thought of a load screen after opening every door or entering a city would be really disappointing.

camac002

I mean how crippled would that version be. There was an interview a while back where they asked Howard about what the new consoles would give them, and the example he gave was that they could now have sounds coming out of houses (which incidentally leads me to believe its going to be an evolution of gamebryo/creation ie. still cells)

So at the very least we know they wouldn't be able to hear chatter coming from the inside. lol

Skullface

The only way i can see cross-gen working in some way is if they make it like two separate game, as in create it as a current-gen game but then remove lots of content for the previous-gen version, rather than having to limit the current-gen game.

It was done for Shadow of Mordor

Alienous

Fallout 4 crossgen?

jTuhj4Q.gif

No.

Did anyone read the Source Code?

PA system failure has occured.
Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes.
Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day.

Xater

This would match the list on the E3 showfloor.

Note how the free 2 play game (Battlecry) and the action game (Doom) are only listed for PC/XB1/PS4 (and seemingly a mobile tie-in for Doom), but the RPG (Fallout 4) is listed as cross-gen.

Oh god I hope not.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
If this game is cross gen this whole generation can go die in a fire. Like I'll be seriously in the fuck this gen camp!

Huh? Separate town maps with huge walls even for small settlements. Separate indoors maps. That's just two huge ones.

It's not always big stuff too. A lot of small compromises have to be made to work with the very small amount of RAM available to the PS3/360.

Did anyone read the Source Code?

PA system failure has occured.
Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes.
Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day.

LMAO are they watching this thread?

lefantome

Please don't make a game using a shitty cross gen engine like gamebryo.

Nobody is going to buy the game on old gen in 2016.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It now only lists XBO and PS4.

I did a ctrl + F5 and still see it in the CSS.

white.svg");width:309px;height:145px}.beth-studios-icon{background-image:url("/assets/icons/bethesda-studios-icon-black.svg");width:309px;height:145px}.xbox-360-icon{background-image:url("/assets/icons/xbox-360-icon.svg");width:96px;height:18px}.xbox-360-icon-black{background-image:url("/assets/icons/xbox-360-icon-black.svg");width:96px;height:20px}.xbox-one-icon{background-image:url("/assets/icons/xbox-one-icon.svg");width:96px;height:18px}.xbox-one-icon-black{background-image:url("/assets/icons/xbox-one-icon-black.svg");width:96px;height:20px}.ps4-icon{background-image:url("/assets/icons/ps4-icon.svg");width:96px;height:18px}.ps4-icon-black{background-image:url("/assets/icons/ps4-icon-black.svg");width:96px;height:21px}.ps3-icon{background-

hemtae

Hey guys speaking of no cross gen, they should probably also scrap the PS4 and Xbox One versions since they are inferior to PC!!!!!!! No holding back Fallout!

Well it is probably going to be hugely inferior to PC only Underrail so you probably have a point.

Good that it's crossgen. I'll probably end up playing on PC, but Skyrim was certainly not a game held back by being on Xbox 360 or PS3. I'm glad more people will be able to play and enjoy this game.

Hopefully they can iron out the memory issues on PS3 this time.

3edixaM.gif

As I posted earlier and this needs to be reiterated:

360 and PS3 mentions have been removed from Google Tag Manager. Whole thing got cleaned up quick. Fallout 4 isn't even mentioned in it anymore.

daveo42

Banned
Fucking f3 was a shit show on ps3.

The fuck is Bethesda thinking?

They are thinking there are tons of people on PS3 and 360 still and all the potential sales. Not a bad business move, but the game is gonna probably suffer because of it. Maybe there will be drastic differences and improvements specific to current gen while the PS3/360 will end up being ports like a few other cross-gen games so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom