• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aikidoka

Why wouldn't they wait till their E3 press conference? I feel like this should be a Fallout 3 HD remaster thing so that they can then announce Fallout 4 at E3.

Also, part of me is annoyed by how Beth fucked over Obsidian.

GlamFM

Banned
Let´s try something fun!

Let´s be hyped and never use the word "Obsidian" in the entire thread - cool?

Korez

original

Hey, look, one of the reasons that I was so excited to go next gen!

Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme. (Hopefully, I'm making demands to Obsidian here.)

Baby, baby, can't you see that I'm smilin'?
Can't you see, there's a part of me that's brand new?
Used to be, was a part of me felt like hidin'
But now it comes through
Now it comes through, comes through to you

giphy.gif

camac002

Man. Getting flashbacks to the feelings when I went to the Elder Scrolls website one day and I was surprised with the giant Oblivion logo. 10 years....

Aces&Eights

Fallout 4 is the one game I predict to overtake the size of Destiny's OTs.

I am going to be one preordering, season pass buying, day 1 mofo. Industry practices be damned.

I've never played a fallout before. Why am I hyped

Fallout and Fallout 2 were old school open world, isometric RPGs, that had an excellent backstory and great world crafting. The gameplay mechanics were great as well. Fallout 3 was released on 360/PS3/PC last generation as an open world FPS RPG, and while many people will remark about bugs and jank, it had the same care around the world building and was a great, but still approachable RPG. Fallout: New Vegas was the sequel to Fallout 3, same engine, same jank, but had some more care taken with fleshing out the backstory and introducing some more purist RPG elements that people appreciated, and then considered that FO3 was too beginner friendly with mixed design decisions.

For what it's worth, I'm one of the weirdos who likes FO3 more than New Vegas, as I liked the world more and it was the first Fallout game that I really played (I had FO1 and 2 in a double pack for PC back years before but never played them past the introduction).

Fallout 4 (presumeably) will be the first major release by Bethesda's main studio since The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim all received both critical and fan acclaim, though they've also received a fair bit of derision. The hype for Fallout 4 should be real.

v1lla21

Imagine.
Countdown reaches 0.
Boom.
Dark screen.
Link with a YouTube video appears.
Some post apocalyptic live action shit.
At the end of the video FALL faintly starts to appear.
Rick Astley.
Fallout boy: the video game.
PSVita exclusive.

Oh my god oh my god oh my god Oh my god oh my god oh my godOh my god oh my god oh my godOh my god oh my god oh my godOh my god oh my god oh my god Oh my god oh my god oh my godOh my god oh my god oh my godOh my god oh my god oh my godOh my god oh my god oh my god Oh my god oh my god oh my godOh my god oh my god oh my godOh my god oh my god oh my godOh my god oh my god oh my godOh my god oh my god oh my godOh my god oh my god oh my godOh my god oh my god oh my godOh my god oh my god oh my god

It's happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom