• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recall

I am excited!

Yes-Yes-Yes-Wrestler-Cheer-On-WWE-Gif.gif

Skullface

Of all places for me to discover this info... It was /b/. Of course I had to come here to follow up. Please let it take place in Cambridge/Boston! Between this, Witcher III, and Phantom Pain... I'm good with videogames for years.

I said yesterday if Fallout 4 was announced this year combined with xcom 2 I would be in heaven, well here we are tomorrow 3 pm I will wet my pants. 42 years old and like a kid at Xmas, my young nephew heard me cheering and wondered what was up, suffice to say he laughed a lot when he found out it was just a game.

Luke_Wal

lol who are you and how is that even possible

There is a distinct possibility he could be somebody who owned a PS3.

That's the boat I'm in, honestly. These games look right up my alley, but I only had a PS3 last gen and I heard those versions were terrible. I'll probably pick them up on Steam and play them on my new Macbook in a few weeks.

Possible but unlikely since Elder scrolls online is just coming out on consoles next week. rest of 2015 will be for fallout 4 since the marketing for this game will be huge and they don't want to steal any thunder from the game.

I can see E3 in 2016 having the new Elder scrolls game

Oh yeah, I'm only being half serious. That said Skyrim sold over 20 million units. I doubt Zenimax wants to wait much longer for a Bethesda developed Elder Scrolls. I think we'll get FO4 and ESVI much closer together than many people think

There is a distinct possibility he could be somebody who owned a PS3.

That's the boat I'm in, honestly. These games look right up my alley, but I only had a PS3 last gen and I heard those versions were terrible. I'll probably pick them up on Steam and play them on my new Macbook in a few weeks.

Engine problems aside, the gameplay wasn't that goood either. Bethesda's combat design is generally afwful.

The_Monk

Arriving home after a long tiresome day and start a game like Fallout has always been a pleasant experience. It's such a good time sink with an addicting atmosphere, it's the perfect game to do just one tiny quest and get some rest or spend a nice cold night in the winter all comfy while playing.

This is why I have such fond nostalgia regarding some games. Nothing beats playing something while letting yourself get immersed by the world, exploring, discovering new locations and help those in need while doing quests. I can only hope that Fallout 4 let me experience such feelings once again. It's great to be around my loved ones, going to the beach in the summer and so on but when you just want some relaxing time after a long day, a game like Fallout is such a good fit. I can't wait for E3 and I can't to see the reaction of my good GAFfers while having a good and nice discussion in here. :)

Imagine a Fallout set in Disney World...

I really hope the Boston rumors are untrue. The android shit just doesn't fit in with the lore that well. I'd rather see a Deep South, Mid West, or a continuation of the NCR game.

Elios83

Excellent, really looking forward to see wha they're doing with the series.
I just hope it's not cross gen...considering development started long ago they might have gone that route.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
One announcement defines a generation right there. Granted it's not everything, but it's like a savior for some of us.

Skyrim Remaster incoming???

Skullface

Imagine a Fallout set in Disney World...

I really hope the Boston rumors are untrue. The android shit just doesn't fit in with the lore that well. I'd rather see a Deep South, Mid West, or a continuation of the NCR game.

What's wrong with Boston bruh?
Boston1956_03_2000-700x467.jpg

tumblr_n4qsikfXUT1rrufk0o1_500.jpg

I've figured out your game, Besthda!

FALLOUT 3 + NEW VEGAS REMASTER!

Because seriously, who the fuck in their right mind announces the megaton before their megaton conference, even if it is an open secret?

cirrhosis

It'll probably be something to do with Boston but I'd be equally satisfied with a campaign near the conclusion of the Resource Wars.

Recall

An incredible idea for a game with a perfect setting ruined by a shitty game engine and mediocre gameplay. Fallout 4 better deliver.

I'm so glad I managed to put several hundred hours regardless of the engine, means no matter what happens Fallout 4 will have something I'll like.

yuraya

It's happening mother fuckers.

I really hope this isn't pc exclusive.

Xcom 2 scared me.

PC exclusive would kill GAF for months. But I doubt it will happen. This is too big of an AAA game to keep exclusive for any platform.

The modding scene for Fallout 4 on PC is going to be ridiculous tho. Can't wait to see what the community will do. It will be a million times better than whatever vanilla version for consoles, that is for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom