• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klart

This would match the list on the E3 showfloor.

Note how the free 2 play game (Battlecry) and the action game (Doom) are only listed for PC/XB1/PS4 (and seemingly a mobile tie-in for Doom), but the RPG (Fallout 4) is listed as cross-gen.

Yup, we knew it already.

Sad though.

eso76

I think it might be crossgen

QkHuZRO.png

fDpflDv.png

Well, look at the bright side. Cross Gen would ensure game is going to run buttery smooth on current Gen..
More or less

This would match the list on the E3 showfloor.

Note how the free 2 play game (Battlecry) and the action game (Doom) are only listed for PC/XB1/PS4 (and seemingly a mobile tie-in for Doom), but the RPG (Fallout 4) is listed as cross-gen.

God damnit Bethesda

God fucking damnit

Sorry for the language this is beyond frustrating

yuraya

Cross gen would hold the game back so much its not even funny :(

Really awful if true. Please god bethesda don't do it.

Told myself I am not buying anymore crossgen games. From Bethesdas point of view there is still money to be had on last gen consoles so it would make sense for them. The game will sell like crazy regardless but I will pass if its crossgen.

Shredderi

I think it might be crossgen

QkHuZRO.png

fDpflDv.png

Went through the CSS and it also mentions PS4, Xbox One and Steam which to me means that this is definitely not an old CSS; and yeah, it has 460 and PS3 in it as well.

post-36910-no-god-please-no-gif-Michael-S-hIu3.gif

Bethesda you motherfucks don't you fucking dare make it an open world crossgen effort this far into the generation don't you fucking dare I swear.

SamNW

What do we think the chances are that there's a cross-gen remastered collection in addition to a current-gen Fallout 4? Seems like wishful thinking, but it doesn't seem out of the question.

Cant load the stream

Really sad if this is Cross Gen

I imagine they are going to have to address that head on. No way they dont know that this is going to be brought up by every single person that interviews them

McHuj

Wow. Cross-gen would be such a bummer.

Hopefully, Fallout 4 for the old systems would be completely separate game developed by some subsidiary.

If it's a 2016 game, I can't imagine the ps3/360 versions will sell very well at that point.

camac002

lol this is what I love about GAF. The emotions of highs and the lows all written down (and maybe the highs again when we find out its not cross-gen....please?)

MattyG

Banned
Let's keep in mind that the last gen version could be a HEAVILY modified version. Todd has talked about having interiors seamlessly enterable before. Maybe in the last gen verion there's loading screens like in Fallout 3.

If it truly is cross gen, I think that it will be Bethesda making it on next gen and another studio bringing it over and removing all the features that won't work on last gen to basically "adapt" it for the consoles.

Even if it's crossgen though I'M STILL SO FUCKING EXCITED I CAN'T CONTAIN MYSELF.

-- No Obsidian Involvement
-- Cross-Gen

Hey Bethesda! Anymore reasons to ignore this game you want to add?

Let's keep in mind that the last gen version could be a HEAVILY modified version. Todd has talked about having interiors seamlessly enterable before. Maybe in the last gen verion there's loading screens like in Fallout 3.

If it truly is cross gen, I think that it will be Bethesda making it on next gen and another studio bringing it over and removing all the features that won't work on last gen to basically "adapt" it for the consoles.

Even if it's crossgen though I'M STILL SO FUCKING EXCITED I CAN'T CONTAIN MYSELF.

Hopefully that is the case. But how much can you modify it really? They will NOT be able to push Fallout 4 to the limit

Sijil

Crossgen would be acceptable if last gen version was offloaded to another studio while Beth handles next gen with all new engine. As it is tho, it would be a real shame seeing the first next gen Beth game hobbled because last gen dragging it down.

Cross-gen eh?

Well, it was fun while it lasted. The hype came and went.

I guess I'll give a shit about Fallout V, but by the time that comes the PS5 will be out and it'll be cross-gen on PS5 and PS4. So, I guess I'm saying I'm done with the Fallout series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom