• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda posts up new teaser picture, [Update: Full Sized Images]

kurahador

UPDATES:
The new image with the codename #1960
xJFVIrh.jpg
this is a bigger version..

----------------------------------------------------------------
Bethesda twitter posted this:

BJlmSWlCUAEZreB.jpg

https://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/331408513068847105/photo/1

Bethesda Twitter said:
this morning's tease is not related to anything @BGS_Devs is working on

Bethesda Twitter said:
tease continues @gamespot within the hour

glaurung

Twitter tease pic looks like Armored Core meets 2001: A Space Odyssey.

But since Bethesda has fucked up everything on consoles, fuck them. Won't buy.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sci fi space occult Nazi robots.

antitrop

If it's a new Wolfenstein, consider me excited.

What is it that is making people come to this conclusion? I'm not familiar with this situation at all, this thread is really the first I'm ever hearing of any of this.

Wolfenstein...

This is from the Ex-Starbreeze devs, right?

Consider me even more excited if this is also true.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If it's a new Wolfenstein, consider me excited.

What is it that is making people come to this conclusion? I'm not familiar with this situation at all, this thread is really the first I'm ever hearing of any of this.

Wolfenstein is listed on resumes as in development at MachinesGames, and is one of the only titles that could feasibly be revealed from a development timeline standpoint among ZeniMax's internal studios.

The other is Fallout 4, but Pete Hines ruled that out in his tweet.

Edit: Well there's also Doom 4, but that's in development hell. I guess it's not impossible though.

ekim

Wolfenstein is listed on resumes as in development at MachinesGames, and is one of the only titles that could feasibly be revealed from a development timeline standpoint among ZeniMax's internal studios.

The other is Fallout 4, but Pete Hines ruled that out in his tweet.

Endless Summer ! ;)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Superannuation implied the game is a bit more like BioShock these days, but I don't know if that was just speculation.

I'd be fine with that. Along as I shoot Nazis, said shooting is satisfying, and there's some goofy Nazi occult and/or super-science going down, I'll be happy.

Marcel

Please just re-release RTCW

Are people actually nostalgic about Return to Castle Wolfenstein? I don't recall it being that memorable, certainly when you consider that Grey Matter's only experience was making the storied Redneck Rampage franchise.

kurahador

Ohh okay...

I thought it was because there's a silhouette of soldier stabbing someone in the bottom picture.

antitrop

Are people actually nostalgic about Return to Castle Wolfenstein? I don't recall it being that memorable, certainly when you consider that Grey Matter's only experience was making the storied Redneck Rampage franchise.

It's the multiplayer/Enemy Territory. I never played it, I was into Counter-Strike/Day of Defeat at the time, but I think many people consider it to be one of the finest online shooters of the time.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's the multiplayer. I never played it, I was into Counter-Strike/Day of Defeat at the time, but I think many people consider it to be one of the finest online shooters of the time.

Enemy Territory, the free expansion multiplayer, was also one of the best multiplayer shooters ever.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Unless it's Fallout Year 2099 or something.

Well when he says "this morning's tease is not related to anything @BGS_Devs is working on" he's referring to Bethesda Game Studios, the subsidiary of ZeniMax/Bethesda Softworks that makes Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

Marcel

It's the multiplayer/Enemy Territory. I never played it, I was into Counter-Strike/Day of Defeat at the time, but I think many people consider it to be one of the finest online shooters of the time.

I've never played it either. When someone mentions RTCW, I associate it with a purely mediocre shooter where
German Rob Zombie
is the last boss.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Could this be related to that game registered in Australia rating boards last month called Endless Summer that was supposed to have scary and violent content, and nudity?

54-46!

It really is, I doubt this game is going be anything like those two though, even if it is; it's still a console game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Could this be related to that game registered in Australia rating boards last month called Endless Summer that was supposed to have scary and violent content, and nudity?

Possibly.

You can register codenames with the Australian rating board, and The Evil Within, Doom, and Wolfenstein all have horror themes like zombies, so it could be any of them.

Top Bottom