• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: Prey 2 Is Still In Dev, Delayed Past 2012 [Up: Removed from line-up]

Corto

So the quality standards were in fact, if we're to believe this source (I am), contractual differences between HH and Zenimax? Not shocking if true. And good on HH for standing their ground and having a plan B to hold on to. I would sue Bethesda for slandering if they keep saying that the standards of quality were not met though.

Bluefist

Neo Member
So this is just like the original prey, it will take forever to come out. At least it seems like it still has life.

FStop7

Banned
Prey 2 nuked from Bethesda's lineup: http://bethsoft.com/en-us/games

kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif

JdFoX187

Banned
Hopefully someone can do something similar to Square Enix and buy the assets and rework a few things for a new IP. This project had too much promise to let go to waste.

commissar

Well hopefully the video will inspire further video games of that nature.

Also on that page they used the original Quake boxart for the Quake 3 Arena release on 360 lol

Jawmuncher

This game should be next gen IMO. Deserves it

At this point that's what I say would be the best bet.
Hell the original was a launch title (or damn close) for 360 so it wouldn't be out of line.

Really hope the game is still in development because it looked really interesting.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Noooooooooooooooo

Please keep making this game

I take back all the jokes I made when it was announced

Please :-(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Does that mean its no longer in development?

It means Bethesda isn't officially recognising "Prey 2" as an upcoming game.

That means it is either being re-branded as a new franchise, reworked into something different and thus still a long time away, or has indeed been completely scrapped.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

This can't be true!!!!

It's not possible!!!!

Just my fucking luck. The only game in months other than Halo 4 that I am moderately interested in gets silently cancelled. Damnit. I should just give up gaming already. My tastes obviously have nothing to do with the direction the industry is going in at this point.

/rant

I'm betting that if this survives, it's going to go through some serious rebranding. The entire idea of this being a sequel to "Prey" was pointless to begin with.

I assume they'll push this to next gen, change the title & any attatchments to the original, and re-announce it as a new game in 2013, along with all the other big name titles sure to be revealed once PS4/720 are public knowledge.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I hope someone decent gets it. It will look pretty on next gen hardware. Just hope they dont narf it up too much from its current design.

Concept17

I'm betting that if this survives, it's going to go through some serious rebranding. The entire idea of this being a sequel to "Prey" was pointless to begin with.

I assume they'll push this to next gen, change the title & any attatchments to the original, and re-announce it as a new game in 2013, along with all the other big name titles sure to be revealed once PS4/720 are public knowledge.

This is what should happen anyway. Prey is pretty irrelevant now as the original released what seems like ages ago, and this game had no real attachment to it (at least visually).

As long as what we've seen of the game, the concept, comes out in some form, I'll be happy. It looked very promising.

Top Bottom