• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Bethesda registers Fallout 4 trademark

Feb 4, 2013
The Internet exploded in speculation as it turned out that a few days ago, Bethesda filed for a Fallout 4 trademark with the Office for the Harmonization of the Internal Market through their usual legal firm, DLA Piper.
http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Blog:News/Bethesda_registers_European_trademark

http://oami.europa.eu/CTMOnline/RequestManager/en_Result?transition=ResultsDetailed&ntmark=&application=CTMOnline&bAdvanced=0&language=en&deno=&source=search_basic.jsp&idappli=012311734#

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jan 29, 2008
Australia
VGX 2013. Bet on it.

Shengar

Jun 27, 2013
The chance of Chris Avellone involved in this is zero right? Better wait for the GOTY then.

MBR

Banned
Apr 1, 2013
I'm not expecting them to unveil it yet but when they do, I hope it's not a cross-gen title.

Zushin

May 26, 2011
Australia
Good. Now stupid people who don't realise Bethesda is only publishing the new Wolfenstein will stop raging in every article/video about them not making Fallout 4.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Jun 16, 2013
Wait so that domain registration a few days turned out to be real, or this is just a big coincidence?

Jun 7, 2004
NM USA
If Wasteland 2 wasn't due in the not-too-distant future, I'd say that this was my most anticipated post-apocalyptic RPG. Sorry, Bethsoft, FO4 will have to settle for second.

Oct 17, 2005
They also just announced a new line of bobble head figures for their online store. Certainly seems like they are gearing for a VGA teaser video. :D

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jan 29, 2008
Australia
CGI slow panning scene of post apocalyptic desolation set to music of a by gone era that fades to black as the title fades in... meh
Not a question of what, but when: before or after the CGI Mass Effect 4 and Deus Ex 4 trailers?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
With the OHIM Half-Life 3 debacle, I'm not gonna get excited just yet, it could be another hoax/trolling. There's really no reason for Bethesda to trademark "Fallout 4" as they already have the Fallout trademark.