• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda sunsetting the Bethesda.net launcher and moving to Steam

Holammer

Anyone actually own games there?
Now the question is how long it'll take before they retire Battlenet. Migrating its features to Steam or Windows Store might be more of a pain.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Fuck yeah.

But why? Are launchers expensive to run? Could release their games both on Bethesda and Steam.
They do, but even if they are on Steam, they still make you have a Bethesda account and log into their shits. Not having this kinda hassle anymore is good news for us.

hlm666

This will be worth the 8 billion alone if it means all the fuckery with mods/modding goes away. Although it will probably go in the complete opposite direction and nothing will have mod support.

SpiceRacz

I Dont Morgan Freeman GIF

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I still can't wrap my head around how an iconic software giant like Microsoft can make such a bad software. Isn't that their bread and butter ?
and it has been years.
It's a vast improvement over the piece of shit that was GFWL.

Robb

Gold Member
Didn’t even know this existed until now. But I hate that every company feel like they need their own launcher, so this is great news nonetheless.

Top Bottom