• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda VP - "The Evil Within and Rage did well enough to warrant sequels"

Rymuth

Did The Evil Within sell well enough to warrant a sequel?

Pete Hines: Without hesitation) Yes!

What about Rage?

Pete Hines: I think so.

So are they in the pipeline then?

Pete Hines: I can’t talk about the unannounced stuff and what we may or may not do. I get myself in trouble whenever I do that. Even when we were talking about the Morrowind Remaster, if I come out and say, ‘I just don’t think that is going to happen,’ then people freak out. So I won’t confirm or deny stuff we may or may not do, as people jump to the wrong conclusions. But I do think both The Evil Within and Rage did well enough that we could make sequels. Personally I loved Rage and had a tonne of fun playing it, but we have a lot of stuff in the pipeline right now so you will have to wait and see.

- Finder

Cage my Rage if old

I'm all over a sequel to The Evil Within. Can't wait.

Heck, I'd play a Rage sequel too. It was a pretty good game. I'm on a big id kick these days, so whatever they're working on next, I'm on board.

Never really enjoyed The Evil Within. A lot of frustrating bullshit in the gameplay. But I know plenty of friends who loved it. I'm sure they'll be happy to hear this.

Tagyhag

Pete Hines so I'll take it with a grain of salt.

That said, those are 2 games that absolutely deserve sequels: Interesting concepts, mediocre executions.

Whenever there's a chance of repeating the AC -> AC2 success, I hope it's taken.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
The Evil Within is probably my least favorite game this gen, but I'd still be curious to see what they could do with a sequel that isn't bottlenecked by last gen consoles.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
The Evil Within would basically be a no brainer and I thought was confirmed for next year, after all that would be a three year time period. Rage is the big surprise here. It literally ended so suddenly and was pretty disappointing.

finley83

Banned
Rage was a mixed bag - great gunplay, fantastic art design, mediocre story, dodgy tech (the texture pop-in is atrocious). Completely wasted John Goodman.

Also they locked the Double barrel shotgun behind pre-order DLC which is frankly unforgivable.

Armigr

I actually hope Tango does something new for their next game. Too much creative talent at that studio to "waste" on making sequels.

That is of course, unless they really want to make a sequel themselves.

Leks

I'm in for Rage 2, loved the first one on Xbox 360 (minus the ending) and I double-dipped on Steam during the latest sales.

More consistent open world + Doom's gunplay, pretty please.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Rage was one of the best FPS last gen so fuckin right I want a sequel. Give it to me noooow. Hell I'd go so far as to say I think some of Rages weapons are better than what is in Doom, I certainly found its gunplay just as enjoyable. Rage has its flaws (that ending....), but fps gunplay wasn't one of them.

Lime

New characters and more of a refined, holistic focus on its mechanics and aesthetics would be great for a Evil Within 2.

Intel_89

Been playing The Evil Within since yesterday and I just got to chapter 7. Thought it was lacking at first but it ended up growing on me, I'll be all over the sequel if that ends up being made.

-MD-

Did The Evil Within sell well enough to warrant a sequel?

Pete Hines: Without hesitation) Yes!

Xnngg5P.gif

Where do I preorder?

hughesta

Banned
TEW just needed to perform like not-garbage and it'd be a GOTG contender for me. Hope a sequel fixes those issues.

steven28

I'd love an evil within sequel or just another 3rd person horror game from mikami.I absolutely loved the first game even with all the jank the game had on the ps4.There are so few 3rd person horror games this gen it's ridiculous.

Top Bottom