• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: Wii U is "not on our radar"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mocoworm

Bad times for Wii-U continue

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-07-bethesda-wii-u-is-not-on-our-radar

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/06/wii-u-not-on-bethesdas-short-term-radar/

"Elder Scrolls and Fallout publisher Bethesda has said that it has no plans to support Wii U due to "hardware" issues. Bethesda has avoided the platform since its launch, and none of its upcoming slate have Wii U versions announced.

"It's largely a hardware thing," Bethesda's marketing exec Pete Hines explained to Joystiq. "[We] make the games that we want to make, on whatever platforms will support them as developed. "None of the games we've announced are being developed for the Wii U, so it's guaranteed that none of those games are coming to Wii U."

Bethesda will next publish Wolfenstein: The New Order, Shinji Mikami's new survival horror The Evil Within and PC/next-gen role-player The Elder Scrolls Online.

Taking The Elder Scrolls as an example, Hines said it "likely would have" been launched on current-gen platforms, but "it just wasn't possible" due to the game's size and scope.

"Will any future ones come out? I can't say for sure," Hines concluded. "In our near-term focus it's not on our radar.""

This isn't bad news continuing... it's the same thing Bethesda's been saying since before the Wii U even came out... It's more like "Why are gaming journalists asking the same stupid questions and why is Bethesda still bothering to answer?"

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Monthly article about Bethesda & (not) Wii U? Monthly article about Bethesda & Wii U!

I wonder who will ask them next month ?

JDSN

Banned
Im afraid im gonna need a new statement about EA's views on this too. Ja Rule needs to talk about this too.

When has a Nintendo console ever been on their radar?

You must've forgot about their "really big" (their description) Wii game

969697_135994_front3mjty.jpg

It should be on their radar and it's sad that it's not.
Oh well. I love my Wii U, sad that I won't be getting Bethesda games on it but it's sad for them as they won't be getting my money.

StiLt

Yeah also thought this was an established situation. Not overly surprising in any event. Won't see any other pubs jumping on board unless there's a drastic increase in user base.

Enco

Shocking...

That being said, Bethesda aren't the most competent of devs. Their games have had the same problems since forever (TES at least).

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Captain Iwata should order his crew to deactivate the cloak. (I personally don't care for Bethesda, though, I don't have a single game made by them)

This again?
Wasn't this asked before?

Is this just the effect of today upcoming Nintendo Direct? Websites already firing up "Nintendooming" engines to throw a bucket of cold water on the internet with some negative Nintendo news?

This is sick. It's not even news, since it was asked before (and the answer was given).

Tiresome.

Haunted

Everyone already knew this before asking this redundant question. Someone needs to make a "do you care about WiiU" flow chart. Western third party leads to no.

Wasn't that fixed and became the definitive ver?
Skyrim PS3 the definitive version over the PC version? Don't make me laugh.

U-R

So a massively downgraded offline version of TES6 won't come to WiiU? Well that's a bummer.

Of all the third party developers, I would've figured Bethesda to be at the front of the line in making Wii U games. This is really bad. Very disappointed. Can't believe it, actually.

Nintendo are the ones to blame. They just rely on 1st party games and don't even try to appeal to 3rd party publishers
how do they do this exactly?

I knew that sweet talk before Wii U's launch about 3rd party commitment was just an illusion.
What clued you in? The past 20 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom