• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: Wii U is "not on our radar"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must've forgot about their "really big" (their description) Wii game

969697_135994_front3mjty.jpg

I have this. I always wanted to try the 8 player splitscreen, but the controls and physics are so off that I fear I can't get 7 people to play for more than one lap. A shame.

After playing the gameplay turd that is Skyrim, I can only say: thank god.

I imagine their games are only worthwhile on PC, where the mod community can fix them a bit. Although mods can only do so much when the core mechanics are as bad as in Skyrim.

Cheech

Seems like a lot of companies have similar radar.

It's really not even a Nintendo thing. Nobody is rushing to make Vita games either.

Buying a dead or dying console and then getting shitty ("Bethesda bugs LOL!") when companies ditch it is moronic at best, especially from people who frequent a website where sales numbers of systems are openly discussed and known. It's not like you guys are soccer moms wondering where the Wii U baseball game is.

TheJCAbr

Banned
how do they do this exactly?

What clued you in? The past 20 years?
Well... let me see. Playstation is known for delivering all kind of experiences, they have japanese games, western games, kids games... you get what I'm saying. They all have different themes and appeal to all kind of people.
Nintendo just relies on the same franchises for the past 25 years, putting Japanese people at the top of their list while leaving the rest of the world with the known franchises. Games that aren't even released outside Japan (lots of them) and strong japanese centric games show that they're not even interested in delivering something different.

I get it: Nintendo is different so is it's community but that's a barrier. The Wii was a lucky shot and they tried it again with the Wii U (even gave the same name - just added U at the end) ... as you can see they're failing. I just hope they wake up.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It'll be amusing if UBI Soft drops the U after the holidays, so we can read all of the " I don't care", comments.

eorl

Banned
Is..is NeoGAF in a loop because we haven't had anything interesting since E3? Are we running out of comedic value here?

Seanspeed

Banned
To be fair, you're doing something wrong if you buy Bethesda game on a console.
Between Oblivion and Skyrim, I put in over 400 hours of enjoyable playtime on the 360.

Will people please stop saying shit like this? I dont think y'all realize how ignorant it sounds.

Kade

Between Oblivion and Skyrim, I put in over 400 hours of enjoyable playtime on the 360.

Will people please stop saying shit like this? I dont think y'all realize how ignorant it sounds.

You're lying because I read a thread title one day (while looking for the Smash thread) that said the games don't even start up on consoles.

Mithos

I agree, comments like "Why would anyone buy game x on Wii U when it exist/coming for PS3/360 and/or PC" is annoying as fuck. But also any other way around is equally annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom