• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda's Indiana Jones Game: 5 Things WE WANT

GrayFoxPL

The girl and kid from Temple of Doom gotta go.
aMCiDNO.gif

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Wouldn't be surprised if it was a 1st person game. Excited either way though.

Last edited:

lachesis

I want smartly written dialogues which are genuinely funny, with good line delivery.

To be honest, I wouldn’t mind it being more like an Monkey Island type of adventure game with actual puzzles,, but I am afraid it would be a copy of Tomb Raider Reboot or Uncharted.

if so, I would rather have more stealth & strategy of setting up smart traps utilizing the environments and knowledge - than all out gun fights, fist fights and all.

I want to see a proper pulp fiction, early 20th century, boys own adventure style story.

Pistol and whip, with limited ammo so mostly brawling combat.

3rd person action adventure, narrative driven, levels designed with exploration in mind and secretes to uncover. No open world grind fest

Puzzles and mysteries you have to work out for yourself. Combat rarely and cut scene like set pieces even rarer.

Released on everything, including PS5 and the current gen Nintendo system that will almost certainly have been released by the time this is done.

cormack12

Gold Member
I dunno. Definitely third person though and action based. I guess he's going to need guns, maybe Drake style with a pistol but the option for one other enemy weapon he can pick up so he doesn't have an 'arsenal' at his beck and call. Not really sure if the whip can be anything other than a rope substitute for puzzles/traversal. I look at games like LoS and GoW where they were essentially using chains as whips and I don't see that as a style of weapon for Indie

Area_Attack_Combo_Gabriel.gif

I'd prefer something like Tomb Raider/Uncharted because both those IPs look to be parked and there's no replacement. Maybe a bit more goofy.

Ogbert

Masculine, sexist, traditional, heroic and the adventuring spirit of the movies
I’ll spare you the suspense. The hero will be a young woman. She will be Indiana Jones’ niece. Her parents will have gone missing and she will get a lead by leafing through Jones’ old journals.

She will team up with a black female character who will have short hair and a sassy attitude. They may or may not fall in love.

Their principle enemy will be a white man who believes in separation of church and state, privatised health care and streaming based on ability within schools.

HE1NZ

Banned
Since it's by MachineGames I assume it's going to be just another Wolfenstein game with more punching nazis.

Would be cool if Disney is completely hands off, but I doubt it.

Inviusx

Honestly this shit is everything wrong with modern gaming. A new title is announced and 2 minutes later we get the onslaught of influencers and their "WE WANT THIS STUFF" content. How about just letting the studio deliver their vision and being excited for whatever that turns out to be.

kuncol02

Banned
First person action adventure game with high emphasis on puzzle elements in style of Myst which never take control from player and never change perspective. Fuck Uncharted.

RAIDEN1

Don't be a Jedi Fallen Order, or a Demon Souls esque, instead follow what made Uncharted and Tomb Raiders great, and build upon it! (When it comes to Indy games, Fate of Atlantis is still THE benchmark stretching back from 1992..)

Last edited:

Diddy X

Make it 3rd person ofcourse, Uncharted is a good adventure series so it can have some of that but just don't make it a clone, make it unique, an Indiana Jones game can be pretty big.

sublimit

Banned
-3rd Person
-Globetrotting
-Half-open levels with clever level design and meaningful exploration
-Consistent and precise platforming that requires manual input from the player (basically the contrary of games like Newt Tomb Raider and Uncharted)
-Challenging Puzzles

and a cheesy story that doesn't take itself too seriously.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
just keep it away from playstation :cool:
While I don't care because I would play it on PC, this should be the expectation at this point. MS ecosystem only since they will be an MS developer. That said, the acquisition is yet to be completed and this game would have been worked on to some extent already, so it might make it over to PS5. It would be nice if they make it clear when games are exclusive to minimize the whining/port begging.

Tschumi

I think it can only really be one thing.. a definitive adaptation of Uncharted style gameplay, but just... bigger, better, etc. It should, you know, big d*ck bitch small Nathan Drake (who i really like) and take his crown.

I hope they work really hard on recreating the look of the first 3 movies, that gorgeous Douglas Slocombe cinematography.

And I hope the levels feel like we're getting to explore the great sets of the movies.

I also hope it's set in the 1930s time period of the first 3 movies and not post WW2.

Top Bottom