• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda's Indiana Jones Game: 5 Things WE WANT

CeeJay

It needs to feel authentic and true to the IP with voice acting and mocap done by Harrison Ford.

More emphasis on the archelogy/exploration/adventure aspects of the IP than on combat with potential for combat free gameplay. Definitely not like the murderous rampages found in Tomb Raider and Uncharted.

VulcanRaven

Harrison Ford needs to voice him. That might not happen but it would make this more interesting. Troy Baker tweeted about this so he will be Indy most likely.

Last edited:

Starfield

image0.png

sublimit

Banned
only thing i want is for it to be on PS5 :-(

I just want it to not be on playstation and be third person.

I really don't want it to be on Playstation. Playstation has more than enough exclusives. I want it to be a game that takes full advantage of XsX's capabilities and to be something that finally makes me consider getting a XsX. That is of course if it ends up being a game that actually interests me because right now we basically know nothing.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I want it to focus on a biblical Artifact. I think getting the scale of the adventure right is key. You have to go globe trotting. I think you could do something interesting with Solomon and Ethiopia, or the Queen of Sheba. I think you could tie some ancient temple treasures. There is also an incident with the King of Israel, Josiah, and Pharaoh Neco where he demand the return of the treasures. So I think working off of these type of stories would be cool. You could also hunt the spear of destiny.

VulcanRaven

I really don't want it to be on Playstation. Playstation has more than enough exclusives. I want it to be a game that takes full advantage of XsX's capabilities and to be something that finally makes me consider getting a XsX. That is of course if it ends up being a game that actually interests me because right now we basically know nothing.
It will probably be released on Xbox One too. Didn't Microsoft say that they will support it for a long time?

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
Open world, systemic game design, player choice, advanced AI.
This being open world would be a buzzkill for me. It doesn't have to be as linear and confined as say Uncharted, but I think it would work much better treading much closer to that end of the spectrum.

Stuart360

Harrison Ford needs to voice him. That might not happen but it would make this more interesting. Troy Baker tweeted about this so he will be Indy most likely.
I'm sure they will try for Ford, but i'm not sure i want a mumbling sleepwalking Ford voicing this to be honest.

I love Uncharted, but don't just make it Uncharted. Tomb Raider did that and it killed everything that made the games special.

They're gonna turn it into an uncharted clone and have Indy rack up a body count higher than all the movies combined before the end of the prologue level.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
- 3rd person, centered camera
- not being shitty
- not making a Rambo Jones game

I know, it's asking too much.

Greeno

It needs to feel authentic and true to the IP with voice acting and mocap done by Harrison Ford.

More emphasis on the archelogy/exploration/adventure aspects of the IP than on combat with potential for combat free gameplay. Definitely not like the murderous rampages found in Tomb Raider and Uncharted.
I don't think Harrison Ford is in shape to mocap. Maybe they can make him do something similar to L. A. Noire.

GrayFoxPL

It is machinegames. It will be 1st person. Machinegames/starbreeze has never developed a game with 3rd person.
Starbreeze developed 3rd person games, their first games were 3rd person.

Machinegames did not but I'm sure they're capable. I believe solid developer can make anything.

1st person Indiana could absolutely work but eh, not many want that.

Stuart360

I don't think Harrison Ford is in shape to mocap. Maybe they can make him do something similar to L. A. Noire.
I think he's in good enough shape -
Harrison+Ford+Harrison+Ford+Out+Grocery+Shopping+0GVayWKlnHsl.jpg

That was 3 months ago, and he starts filming the new Inidiana Jones soon.
Whether you want his moody mumbling self sleepwalking through the game, at least voice wise, well thats another thing lol.

VulcanRaven

Yeah I don't think he would do mocap. He might consider doing the voice if the script if very good. I hope they get to scan his face at least.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Ohhhhhhhh be careful what you wish for.
With Bethesda you gotta be really specific, at least with that word.

I think he's in good enough shape -
Harrison+Ford+Harrison+Ford+Out+Grocery+Shopping+0GVayWKlnHsl.jpg

That was 3 months ago, and he starts filming the new Inidiana Jones soon.
Whether you want his moody mumbling self sleepwalking through the game, at least voice wise, well thats another thing lol.

Are they making a new indy movie? With Harrison Ford? Wow didn't know that.

Last edited:

Fbh

1. Live service Multiplayer only
2. Shia Labeouf as main character
3. Fridges work as a sort of kill streak bonus and are the ultimate defense item (LOTS of skins and cosmetic stuff for your fridges)
4. Silly dances
5. Some sort of MCU crossover event.

VulcanRaven

Are they making a new indy movie? With Harrison Ford? Wow didn't know that.
They are. Harrison Ford said early last year that they would start filming soon but it didn't happen because of covid. James Mangold is directing.

Last edited:

NullZ3r0

Banned
This game will have a tough row to hoe. It's already hamstrung by the decades of games it inspired. Anything it tries to do that's traditional for the genre will be seen as cliche and stale. It almost has to do something completely new and risk alienating fans. It has to be ultra-cinematic with a great story if it's going the traditional 3rd person adventure route. It will need to copy TLOU II and hide derivative gameplay behind awesome production values and a compelling story.

Last edited:

kuncol02

Banned
This game will have a tough row to hoe. It's already hamstrung by the decades of games it inspired. Anything it tries to do that's traditional for the genre will be seen as cliche and stale. It almost has to do something completely new and risk alienating fans. It has to be ultra-cinematic with a great story if it's going the traditional 3rd person adventure route. It will need to copy TLOU II and hide derivative gameplay behind awesome production values and a compelling story.
But better and with more emphasis on puzzles.

Gerdav

I hope they work really hard on recreating the look of the first 3 movies, that gorgeous Douglas Slocombe cinematography.

And I hope the levels feel like we're getting to explore the great sets of the movies.

I also hope it's set in the 1930s time period of the first 3 movies and not post WW2.

The plane ticket in the trailer is dated October 1937, and is to Rome.

Great Hair

Banned
9/10 is "ok"?
dXS9crN.png

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

if JFO is a 9/10 ...every other game released prior and after JFO should get an extra +20% to their meta critic score. The level design is weird, unfit to star wars ...

"slippery slopes, half pipes, annoying protagonist, forgettable story, wall running, enemies in between wall runs, jumps, slopes or even while going down a wet slope ..." etc.

not a $60 title.

listen jurassic park GIF by Spotify

driqe

if JFO is a 9/10 ...every other game released prior and after JFO should get an extra +20% to their meta critic score. The level design is weird, unfit to star wars ...

"slippery slopes, half pipes, annoying protagonist, forgettable story, wall running, enemies in between wall runs, jumps, slopes or even while going down a wet slope ..." etc.

not a $60 title.

listen jurassic park GIF by Spotify
Oh, you're going by Metacritic 🤦‍♂️.

JFO is 9/10 on Steam with 57k reviews.

And you actually have to OWN the game before you can submit a review.

But sure, your opinion is objective.

Last edited:
Top Bottom