• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda's "Mature" Wii Game Is Wheelspin

Till today I have not completely ruled out any wii game from decent developer . This will be first. Bastards work little harder. This should be 10 bucks on wiiware still people won't buy it. I hope reviewer thrash this so badly.

laserbeam

Banned
jj984jj said:
What in the world are you talking about?
This game is not the same game as the one Bethseda is in the middle of developing for Wii. They already said the game they are making is a 2010 Title and this game they are publishing in Europe is already out in the States.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
laserbeam said:
This game is not the same game as the one Bethseda is in the middle of developing for Wii. They already said the game they are making is a 2010 Title and this game they are publishing in Europe is already out in the States.
Then why is Pete Hines saying this is the game? o_O

Does he like hate his job or something?

TunaLover

weeman_com said:
Yes it does look like ass but the point of this thread is "OHH HAHAHAHA, bethesda said they were working on the wii and look at what their getting". Which for a fact this is not THE game that Bethesda is developing, this game is being developed by Awesome Studios, in NA it is being published by Detn8 Games Ltd and in Europe it is by Bethesda.

Now can you all just shut the fuck up about this being THE bethesda game, it is not, they still havent announced the game that they are making for Wii.

Don't even try, people will just ignore you. They're too busy seeing screenshots.

Anyway thanks on my part.

RagnarokX

287ksjm.jpg

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
laserbeam said:
The Vice-President of Bethesda, Pete Hines vs laserbeam, some dude on the internet

hmm....

laserbeam

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
The Vice-President of Bethesda, Pete Hines vs laserbeam, some dude on the internet

hmm....

How about the fact Bethseda said they are Developing a Wii game for 2010 and will release details later this year versus a Shovelware company game being published in Europe only by Bethseda. Hmmm......

Its not like everything Hines says is guaranteed true anyways. Its like walking upto miyamoto and demanding info on the Next Zelda when He doesnt want to talk about it

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
laserbeam said:
How about the fact Bethseda said they are Developing a Wii game for 2010 and will release details later this year versus a Shovelware company game being published in Europe only by Bethseda. Hmmm......

Its not like everything Hines says is guaranteed true anyways. Its like walking upto miyamoto and demanding info on the Next Zelda when He doesnt want to talk about it
How about the fact that the Vice-President of Bethseda says this is the game that they were speaking of? Or how about the fact that it was the of managing director for Bethesda in Europe that originally hyped up this game in the first place? Or how about the fact that said managing director never said that they were developing it? Or how about the fact that said managing director said that it was coming out this year?

hmm....

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Sadist said:
I think it might be related to these recent domain name registrations by ZeniMax:

superannuation said:
elderscrollsmmo.com
elderscrollsmmo.net
elderscrollsmmog.com
elderscrollsmmog.net
elderscrollsonline.com
elderscrollsonline.net
theelderscrollsmmo.com
theelderscrollsmmo.net
theelderscrollsmmog.com
theelderscrollsmmog.net
theelderscrollsonline.net
Source: http://supererogatory.tumblr.com/post/163418949/ns1-zenimax-com-domains-using-this-as

Seems like a lot to register if you're not announcing it soon.

Sadist

Nirolak said:
I think it might be related to these recent domain name registrations by ZeniMax:

Source: http://supererogatory.tumblr.com/post/163418949/ns1-zenimax-com-domains-using-this-as

Seems like a lot to register if you're not announcing it soon.
Ah, thanks. Hmmm...

You know, the only thing that really bugs me about the Sean Brennan interview is the fact he talks about a really big Wii game and they have other things in the pipeline. I'd assume that Wheelspin is the other thing in the pipeline. Maybe I'm not seeing it, but if you can look me straight in the eye and tell me without hesitation that Wheelspin is a "big" announcement, I'd just laugh at you.

But hey, what do I know right?

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Did anyone else see the 8 player split-screen trailer? They claim it's all 60fps too. That would explain why the graphics look so generic and flat. This is the bastard child of F-Zero and Vigilante 8. 10 bucks Wiiware titles at best. Bethesda needs to stay away from the the cocaine lines. When this game bombs they'll claim the Wii has no market for quality mature titles. It's a perfect setup.

Sipowicz

Banned
laserbeam said:
How about the fact Bethseda said they are Developing a Wii game for 2010

no they didn't, you've been disproven many times. they said they weren't developing shit for the wii in october last year, i doubt things have changed now

pete hines said this is their "mature" wii title. pete hines > you

i don't understand why you're giving them the benefit of the doubt

DR2K

Banned
PataHikari said:
Until the 3rd parties go out of business.

Then there won't even be that.

Nah, the sad part is they'll be making profits off these games, because most of them have the budget of $13.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
You just had to remind me there's been no talk about F-Zero Wii at all :(. GET TO IT, NINTENDO.

Burger

Sadist said:
In the Wii owners dictionary "mature" means quality games. The type of games which aren't mini-games or shovelware. Games with a decent budget and a long development cycle. As a Wii owner, I bought it for quality games. This is not quality software.

Ahh right, I was reading Mature as "Games with tits and blood".

GDGF

Soothsayer
Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbyyeee. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt youuuuuuuu!

Yeah, we got RR'd.

Sipowicz

Banned
i still havent played f-zero on gamecube. i definitely need to pick it up, especially if it's as good as the snes one o wipeout on psp

as for wheelspin i'm starting to get the impression that third parties are just hyping/releasing wii games for lulz. firts EA, then activision now this. The absolute nadir of third party games

Bending_Unit_22 said:
To add insult to injury, this is going to use one of the $70 cartridges right?

You haven't been to the CoD4 Wii thread I take it.
Please stop! I've been laughing for half an hour now, starting to hurt :lol
Funniest trhread evar!
Dark Stalkers said:
At least the cars will show more emotion than any of the characters in their RPGs.[
I like your avy ^_^

Thinking about picking up F-Zero GX. Those "shitty" screens looked wonderful to me! Maybe those awesome fizzle screen blurred my vision.

Top Bottom