Beto O'Rourke announces 2020 US presidential bid

嫩翼

so it's not nice
Apr 2, 2013
香港
So apparently, Beto O'Rourke announced a 2020 presidential bid. Someone should make an OT or a new thread.

EDIT: Well here we are, gang. Discuss.

Last edited:

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Jun 15, 2013
I honestly don’t see how democrats are going to differentiate themselves.

There are only so many ways you can say “I am not Trump”.

That seems to be the platform.

Mar 6, 2018
I honestly don’t see how democrats are going to differentiate themselves.

There are only so many ways you can say “I am not Trump”.

That seems to be the platform.
He said he's going to run a positive campaign designed to unite the political divide. It will be really interesting if he actually tries doing that. My guess is that isn't going to happen, and that "Trump is bad" and "MAGA = racism" will be a large part of his platform. I hope he proves me wrong, though.

People already have their minds made up about Trump, one way or another. Whoever wins the nomination needs to tell people what they can do for the country, not that they're not Trump. We know you're not Trump. Don't tell us why Trump is bad, tell us why you are good. At least that's how I feel.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019
Isn’t he a straight ...white....MALE?!

I thought those are evil.

To me this guy is literally Poochie the fucking dog from the simpsons in human form so lame.
I hate to break it to you but no, they are not evil. Sorry that your forced narrative is shattered.

For the next election the only barometer I'm going to use is "do they act like a 5 year old child that didnt get his cookie" test.

*edit- his or her cookie. Or anything in between.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018
the guy lost against Ted Cruz. i know people bring up that Bernie lost against Hillary Clinton, who was only the most qualified person ever to be president, who is married to a president, and who had record setting media support in her favor. this guy, again, lost to Ted Cruz.

there IS a difference. Ted Cruz didn't have any of that going for him. he's Ted Cruz.

O'Rourke is an empty suit. a man of Irish Welsh ancestry born wealthy who grew up in a gated community (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kern_Place) and was given a fake Latino name by his parents who were both fairly connected in politics. he's only convincing to diehards. the media seems to love him, which spells disaster for the other candidates IMO.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018
so about the gated community where Beto was raised:

Gate erected outside of the Kern Place neighborhood in 1916.

The iron gate contained swastikas, the Kern family crest and 444 electric light globes that illuminated the words "Kern Place" over the center of the gate. It also had a Zodiac calendar, totem poles from Alaska, and spelled out "Kern Place." The symbolism of the gate was meant to express ideas about "the brotherhood of man, light, life, health and wealth," according to the El Paso Herald-Post.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kern_Place#The_Kern_Place_Gate

Last edited:
May 26, 2018
the guy lost against Ted Cruz. i know people bring up that Bernie lost against Hillary Clinton, who was only the most qualified person ever to be president, who is married to a president, and who had record setting media support in her favor. this guy, again, lost to Ted Cruz.

there IS a difference. Ted Cruz didn't have any of that going for him. he's Ted Cruz.

O'Rourke is an empty suit. a man of Irish Welsh ancestry born wealthy who grew up in a gated community (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kern_Place) and was given a fake Latino name by his parents who were both fairly connected in politics. he's only convincing to diehards. the media seems to love him, which spells disaster for the other candidates IMO.
Beto lost in Republican territory and it still ended up being close. Put Beto against Cruz in a mostly neutral state, it would have been a slaughter.

Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Well to be fair it was a stupid question...so hey I won a stupid prize!
> For the next election the only barometer I'm going to use is "do they act like a 5 year old child that didnt get his cookie" test.

> Like Hillary "It's MY Turn" Clinton?

If you can't see the connection, perhaps you're not in a position to be insulting others' intelligence.

Jan 16, 2019
> For the next election the only barometer I'm going to use is "do they act like a 5 year old child that didnt get his cookie" test.

> Like Hillary "It's MY Turn" Clinton?

If you can't see the connection, perhaps you're not in a position to be insulting others' intelligence.
Sure thing buddy. I really dont like the Clintons, and have never voted for them. So my answer holds at a NO. :)

Apr 15, 2018
https://betoorourke.com/

No political platform or statements of any nature on his website, just a merch shop and donation box.
I mean how much more blatant can anyone be that this this is a money grift.

Motherfucker can't even put together some basic HTML and CSS to make a policy page, but he was sure a remember to create a backend to handle money donations. Priorities

Aug 30, 2018
Honest question... is this guy a joke?

Watching him speak makes me nervous. Between his vocal tone being all over the place and his jerky hand gestures I can't tolerate him for more than a minute or so before I start getting agitated.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018
he is the Vampire Weekend of candidates. some smooth guy with a popped collar, the idealized non-toxic 80s jock. anti-Kavanaugh. next to Biden he is the most milktoast boring white rich dude you could hope for.

his best bet is to hope for a VP spot. i could see him as the next Biden/Tim Kaine, a boring safe VP in case shit goes horribly wrong.

Mar 12, 2014
He said he's going to run a positive campaign designed to unite the political divide. It will be really interesting if he actually tries doing that. My guess is that isn't going to happen, and that "Trump is bad" and "MAGA = racism" will be a large part of his platform. I hope he proves me wrong, though.
LOL. His entire campaign is premised on negative views of a post-2016 America. But he will whisper about it with inspirational messages, so I guess that could be considered positive.

Aug 30, 2018
I've looked into this bozo a bit, and wow, he's a total propped up puppet.

Also, I'm going to refuse to call him Beto, because he's not Hispanic, it's obvious pandering, and it's appropriation. Robert's his name.

Apr 15, 2018
Trump won Texas by 9%, Cruz won by 2%. Beto is more popular than Hillary, which is relevant when asking who might beat Trump in 2020.

So in other words Beto lost. Despite being flooded by money from outside and running what was probably the most nationally covered senate race at the time, he still lost to one of the most unpopular senators in the country. And that is your proof that he will beat Trump.

You deserve to be grifted if you actually fall for this nonsense

Last edited: