• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beto O'Rourke announces 2020 US presidential bid

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I don't think he has a chance, to low on the identity politics totem pole. When the Dems have POC and Women out there white men are going to be low down on the list.

Dems should just take all the candidates and mutate them into one super candidate and then maybe they might have a shot at beating Trump.

Freedom Gate Co.

Imbecile LARPer
Oct 10, 2018
www.kickstarter.com
Has a loser in a congressional race ever ran for the upcoming Presidential election before Beto?

This guy has to be on the pipe to think he can win after losing to the most polarizing senator in Congress. Also he lied about the drunkdriving scandal.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jun 26, 2007
Best Coast
I'm not convinced. Too many platitudes, not enough substance. Dude lost to the guy who lost to Trump. That doesn't mean it's impossible for him, but it's not promising.

Reactions: Tesseract

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
I've practically stopped watching late night TV shows because of how political they became, but came across this clip of Fallon impersonating O'Rourke and thought it was great:

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
lol that is perfect. Beto is Jimmy Fallon. just a talentless "nice guy" who makes the money people happy and fails his way to the top.

Last edited:

HenkDV

Aug 11, 2018
Trump did it again. Trump threw down a one liner and now the whole country is laughing at Beto. I think we can already stick a fork in this candidacy.
Once again Jimmy Fallon decides the presidential election!

isual

Jan 5, 2012
young, but does not have the power. he'll probably end in the top 5 but will back-down eventually. needs more XP too.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec

"Democrats who are saying Beto was dumb and only 16 when he wrote bizarre sick stories that included kids being murdered, want to now lower the voting age to 16"

Blood Borne

Oct 30, 2017
Due to leftists being deeply ensconced in identity politics, white leftists have to continue to apologise for their skin colour and sometimes deny that they’re white. Beto is white but coming off like he’s Hispanic or something. Fuckin disgusting.

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
From what little I have seen since he announced his campaign, he apologized for an innocuous joke that actually gave his wife credit, and really believes we should have conversations about things. Trump would eat this guy's lunch during a general debate. And I mean that literally.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
The fact that the media is giving this guy so much attention already tells you all you need to know

Arkage

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2012

Thought this video was pretty illuminating. Beto not pushing back on dumbshit leftists and constantly apologizing will be his downfall. Even Daily Show calls bullshit on this stuff.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

"Democrats who are saying Beto was dumb and only 16 when he wrote bizarre sick stories that included kids being murdered, want to now lower the voting age to 16"

"Also Democrats- Brett Kavanaugh is responsible for things we made up about him at 16."

Can we also note that Beta looks like a goofy bitch when he comes out on stage on a skateboard every time. And watching middle-aged slobs cheer is so cringe when it happens, espeically knowing they are funding this grifter.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Jun 13, 2014
USA
Kyle Kulinski said he's basically Jeb Bush - the reason he won't reveal his fundraising information is because he is entirely propped up by only a handful of wealthy establishment elites and corporate donors.

It would be amazing if the Democrats really went down this route again.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Trump won Texas by 9%, Cruz won by 2%. Beto is more popular than Hillary, which is relevant when asking who might beat Trump in 2020.
Being more popular than Hillary isn’t exactly a high standard to set. Beta is a neolib tool. I’ll buy a MAGA hat and campaign for Trump in protest if he gets the nom.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
I can’t help but keep calling him Beta O’ Rourke

Edit: and the Democratic Party is in shambles; it’s a total shit show

Last edited:

manfestival

Nov 12, 2009
I just wish people would stop calling him Beto and call him Bob. He is definitely more of a Bob than a Beto.

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
Fuck this guy, i would seriously struggle to not punch him if i saw him. What a piece of shit to trash this country in order to try to become President, fuck you Beto.

Reactions: Blue Apple

The Pleasure

Jan 8, 2019
Beto needs to rap. He needs to tell everyone he gets the Cali Hoes. And Trump only gets the Cali Bros. I bet that'll get the youth.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
He's right you know.gif

But for campaigning sake, you shouldn't dish out this truth.
No, no hes not. I'm sick of people who just can't stop hating their own land, and people.

Just done with it. Pathetic.

This republic was founded on certain principles that are easy to understand, even someone like bob.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
no he's not right, the legacy of slavery and segregation and jim crow and suppression and and and has been tossed into the rubbish bin where it belongs

we righted the wrongs of slavery, gave civil liberties to all

he's too much of a cum chump to speak plainly and evenly so he says what they wanna hear (it's why he'll never be president)

harsh truths cut both ways

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: matt404au

womfalcs3

May 11, 2007
no he's not right, the legacy of slavery and segregation and jim crow and suppression and and and has been tossed into the rubbish bin where it belongs

we righted the wrongs of slavery, gave civil liberties to all

he's too much of a cum chump to speak plainly and evenly so he says what they wanna hear (it's why he'll never be president)

harsh truths cut both ways
We righted the wrongs of subequal legal treatment of non-white men, but that was recent. The US was founded upon (and went most of its existence) the subhuman treatment of native Americans (inception), black people (until the 1960s), and women (righted a century ago).

Last edited:

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
We righted the wrongs of subequal legal treatment of non-white men, but that was recent. The US was founded upon (and went most of its existence) the subhuman treatment of native Americans (inception), black people (until the 1960s), and women (righted a century ago).

AaronB

May 5, 2013
Saying "Founded upon" acts like that stuff is what built America. That's not an accurate view of history, and I think the distortion is intentional. The cultural marxists are saying that America got as big as it is, as rich as it is, and as successful as it is, because it oppressed people and by oppressing people.

A more logical and historically accurate view is that America was seriously flawed, but those flaws weren't what made America great. Try making the case that America would have been far worse off if women had been able to vote from the start, and you'll find yourself on the fringes of the far right - yet that's what the argument is implying. Slaves built fortunes for their owners, but the people as a whole would have been far better off if black people had been treated equally from the start. Any national wealth created by slavery was surely wiped out by the Civil War - go look up just how devastating it was in lives and treasure and tell me that slavery was still a net positive for the country. The only somewhat strong case is that America could not have gotten as big as it did without killing and relocating Native Americans, but even there I think a more peaceful coexistence could have made everyone better off.

They think it's virtuous to display maximum offense at America's sins, yet subconsciously believe that those sins are what made their country great and provided the lifestyle they are in no hurry to give up.

CDiggity

Jan 3, 2014
I could have sworn that the USA was founded because English Parliament (who had no representation from the colonies) passed excessive taxes on the colonies to pay for their war with the French and any dispute by the colonists was met with the English stripping the colonies of self-governance and autonomy.

Now if Beto said the USA was bulit on the subhuman treatment of non-whites, that's a viewpoint I can understand and one can certainly have a debate on the impact of slavery, manifest destiny, etc. had on economy, government, culture and the like.

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
not even close to getting it.

shit like this is why I have a hard time identifying as "left"
I'll 2nd that. If I had a list of my top 10 issues, I would probably side with the left on 6 of them. However, a couple of the most important ones the left is so exteremely wrong about that I find myself currently repulsed from the left in general.

dragonfart28

Gab Ambassador
Jun 12, 2009
I've practically stopped watching late night TV shows because of how political they became, but came across this clip of Fallon impersonating O'Rourke and thought it was great:

Yea, I also don't like political comedy unless it favours my side.

Last edited: