• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beto O'Rourke announces 2020 US presidential bid

Havoc2049

Mar 30, 2011
Southern California
Trump won Texas by 9%, Cruz won by 2%. Beto is more popular than Hillary, which is relevant when asking who might beat Trump in 2020.
Bob hasn’t aged well. He was a cool unknown in his 2016 Senate run and did well in the purple suburbs of Texas. I have a feeling after all his recent anti-American statements, he would loose to Cruz 55 to 45 in a future Senate run.

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Bob hasn’t aged well. He was a cool unknown in his 2016 Senate run and did well in the purple suburbs of Texas. I have a feeling after all his recent anti-American statements, he would loose to Cruz 55 to 45 in a future Senate run.
Not to mention historic amounts of out of state cash was spent nation-wide to push him as the next big thing. I doubt if the people controlling the purse strings will be willing to splurge as much on someone who failed once before with such a huge push already.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Yea, I also don't like political comedy unless it favours my side.
Taking exception to my unfavorable view of today's late night comedy seems like an odd thing to get worked up about in a thread about Robert O'Rourke, almost as odd as his recent remarks trashing the country. You can keep flogging that straw man if it relieves some frustration.