• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Beto wants to force Churches to accept Same-Sex marriage or lose their Tax-exempt status.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
You do realize a lot of those raped were altar boys right? Vulnerable children they could get close to because of the system setup within the church. Alter girls weren't a thing.

Maybe you need to cut off the soy. You aren't getting enough protein to your brain.
You don't think Catholic priest could get close to girls?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009
You don't think Catholic priest could get close to girls?
The same closeness endemic in the church where boys basically acted liked interns for proceedings? Not near the same level of opportunity.

Also those in the priesthood have gotten close to girls as well. There was a huge case in Baltimore about how a priest was raping girls and then murdered to cover it up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Maskell

Last edited:

Trojita

Feb 9, 2009
Yes, because...they are gay men. Like I said.
So you don't want to parse the rest of the information because your brain can't handle it or you want to be ignorant about the surrounding issue regarding predator pedos in the catholic church?

Which is it Cuck?

Bolivar687

Banned
Jun 13, 2014
USA
Not once do I remember Jesus telling his disciples that they should not marry wives and should not have children.

Matthew 19:10-12

Dr. John Bergsma also wrote a really great article about this today:

Trojita Trojita your conception of the abuse scandal is extraordinarily erroneous.

Last edited:

Blood Borne

Oct 30, 2017
Which is why Beto is a non-starter as a candidate. At this point, dude's a walking meme of the Left.
True but at least he’s the most honest leftists. He says what other leftists really and truly want to do but are afraid to.

Live and let live is an alien concept to leftists. To them, the mere existence of something or someone that doesn’t follow their morals/ideals must be eradicated.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Are we back at that point in history were gay men are treated like child predators again?
Is this the part where we pretend gay men who abuse boys aren't child predators? Are we going to ignore reality becuase you have to fucking "woke".

Trojita

Feb 9, 2009
Matthew 19:10-12

Dr. John Bergsma also wrote a really great article about this today:

Trojita Trojita your conception of the abuse scandal is extraordinarily erroneous.
Did you read the bible verse at all?

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

The Pharisees brought up this question up in an attempt to trip Jesus up. They mention the potential for sexual immorality, adultery, and ultimately divorce (which is regarded as a sin within these same passages) within human relations. The Pharisees asked Jesus if it would not be better to just than not marry, to which Jesus replied that not everyone can accept the word. Moses allowed divorce because of the hardness of these men's hearts. Some among men can accept the word, and not divorce their wives because their hearts were hard. Jesus also goes on to explain that there are Eunuchs who can't sexually procreate because they were born that way or turned into a Eunuch by other Eunuchs, thus they can't commit sin being discussed here. In the same verse Jesus said there are those on Earth that live LIKE eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven (no matter what they can't commit the sin of sexual immorality or divorce). Celibacy, or as Jesus puts it "Live like Eunuchs", is a method for not potentially comitting sexual immorality sin at all, not that priests need to live like celibates. A priest that has a wife, doesn't divorce, or commit sexual immorality also did not commit a sin. The case of the celibate is (in an absolute followed form) to not be able to even commit this sin. The priest in my example does not commit the sin either.

You can show me where I am being erroneous surrounding the catholic pedophile scandal. I welcome new information.

Last edited:

Cucked SoyBoy

Banned
Dec 18, 2018

Bolivar687

Banned
Jun 13, 2014
USA
Did you read the bible verse at all?

The Pharisees brought up this question up in an attempt to trip Jesus up. They mention the potential for sexual immorality, adultery, and ultimately divorce (which is regarded as a sin within these same passages) within human relations. The Pharisees asked Jesus if it would not be better to just than not marry, to which Jesus replied that not everyone can accept the word. Moses allowed divorce because of the hardness of these men's hearts. Some among men can accept the word, and not divorce their wives because their hearts were hard. Jesus also goes on to explain that there are Eunuchs who can't sexually procreate because they were born that way or turned into a Eunuch by other Eunuchs, thus they can't commit sin being discussed here. In the same verse Jesus said there are those on Earth that live LIKE eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven (no matter what they can't commit the sin of sexual immorality or divorce). Celibacy, or as Jesus puts it "Live like Eunuchs", is a method for not potentially comitting sexual immorality sin at all, not that priests need to live like celibates. A priest that has a wife, doesn't divorce, or commit sexual immorality also did not commit a sin. The case of the celibate is (in an absolute followed form) to not be able to even commit this sin. The priest in my example does not commit the sin either.

The key to priestly celibacy is at the end of the passage, that it is good to willfully forego sexual pleasure for the sake of spiritual pursuits. The article goes into greater depth as to what this meant at the time of Jesus.

You can show me where I am being erroneous surrounding the catholic pedophile scandal. I welcome new information.

The Nature and Scope of Sexual Abuse of Minors by Catholic Priests and Deacons in the United States 195O-2OO2

The key to understanding the abuse crisis is the John Jay Report, the outside, non-Catholic, independent study commissioned to understand the roots and scope of the crisis. In it, they found that almost all of the abuse took place during the decades of the sexual revolution and that it had already dissipated during the 1990s, before the Boston Globe expose and the Dallas Charter response in 2002. The Catholic abuse rate now is below that of other denominations and well below the public school system. If the problem was intrinsically that of celibate priests or the vulnerability of altar boys, the crisis would not have been confined to a defined period of time, nor would it have tapered off like it has.

The other relevant finding is that this was not a crisis of young prepubescent children of both genders being roughly equally attacked, as they are in the general population. Instead, anywhere from 70-80% of the victims or potentially higher were teenage males. A roughly equal amount of the abusers were diagnosed as homosexuals with courtship problems. Psychologists have noted that once you get into the age range of adolescents, the abuser's sexual orientation is reflected in the abuse. Since then, we've learned that the predation was similarly rife in the seminaries, signaling that this is an extended window of abuse perpetrated upon older boys and young men.

This book chronicled how Catholic seminaries during the sexual revolution were indeed admitting gay, promiscuous and heterodox men while refusing straight and orthodox applicants.

A number of reports have investigated how the most powerful high ranking prelates in the American hierarchy had cultivated this network of same sex predation and cover up. The two most notable were Cardinal Joseph Bernardin and Theodore McCarrick, the latter of which was the center of a explosive news cycle last year.

They also happened to be at the very vanguard of liberal, modernizing bishops looking to downplay traditional Church teaching on sexual morality and abortion. Given that they were both moving priests around and fully aware of the high cost of lawsuits, many are convinced that they were intentionally trying to bankrupt the Church's finances and moral aithority.

TheContact

Gold Member
Jan 22, 2016
Oh no churches did bad things a thousand years ago. 🙄

We better tax them, and shut down their charities and hospitals. Hurting millions of Americans in the process. That will teach those bigots to try help people in 2019 America.

"I'm a narcissistic Democratic presidential candidate with no chance of winning, and I approve this message."

Nice straw man. I didn't agree with them being taxed. Doesn't stop them from being bigots though.

Gargus

Banned
Oct 1, 2018
Probably an unpopular opinion but I don't think any religion should be tax exempt. Make money = pay taxes. If everyone else has to pay them then I don't see why they don't either. Them not paying taxes does nothing immoral or unconstitutional and takes away no one's freedom of religion. Besides, religious tax exempt leaves too many loop holes.