• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BETTER CALL SAUL (s e a s o n 5) |OT\

BeardGawd

Banned
Man o man... this episode was definitely intense. I have much respect for Kim too. She's got balls. Also at the end it looked like:

Lalo was about to force Nacho and himself to walk the entire desert and retrace Jimmy's steps. If they find that last guy Mike killed...

... All hell is about to break loose.

Cutty Flam

Banned
How’s it been the past 4 episodes? I’ve missed the last 4 or 5 I think....I think the last I saw was when Jimmy threw a bowling ball on Howard’s car, and Mike woke up in a strange place, like a barn or some shit

It’s been a month or so, but I plan to catch up soon

Without spoiling anything plsease, what are you guys thinking so far? Excellent season? Or will it be soon based on what’s been happening?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
It’s the best season by far and I think this season has even been better than Breaking Bad season 1 and on par with some other Breaking Bad seasons. Better Call Saul was always clearly behind Breaking Bad in terms of quality, while still being good, but this season has jumped right into that territory. The past 2 episodes both might be the 2 best episodes of Better Call Saul back to back,

Cutty Flam

Banned
I thought it was boring. An entire episode of walking through a desert...

The final scene will be saul painting a wall and then us watching it dry for 10 minutes.
To see if your opinion is valid, who is your favorite character in Breaking Bad, excluding Walt or Jess, or Hank

Kadayi

Banned
I never found Kim that attractive until this season, something about her being all assertive is a turn on. Vince Gilligan is a genius. This season has been Breaking Bad level quality.

Aside from guest directing last weeks episode (Bagman), Vince G hasn't actually been involved in the writing and breaking of this season (he was working on the Jessie BB spin-off movie El Camino for most of the shoot), Peter Goulds been heading up the writer's room and production. They talk a lot about this in Better Call Saul insider Podcasts I linked to earlier in the thread because Vince is often commenting on how he likes the direction they've (the writers) have taken characters. Vince is still involved as he's a producer/Creator, but Gould is the one who's been driving the show on this one. I dare say Vince will be back for the final season though.

As for the episode. I thought it was pretty good. I liked that Lalo demonstrated that he wasn't a chump. Also, it's on Mike that he forgot about Sauls Car when he ordered the clean-up. Not quite sure about Kims sudden erratic decision to just drop her job like that, though maybe she thinks she should be in the game after all. However, after finding Sauls shot up Coffee flask you'd think she'd be a bit wiser. Props for talking Lalo down though (I honestly thought he was going to get the bag of money and then leave though).

eot

Banned
$7 mil in $100 bills is over 150 lbs. Even if you're fit as a monster there's no way you're carrying that through the desert.

one $100 bill = 1 gram

$7,000,000 / $100 = 70,000 bills

70,000 hundred dollar bills

70,000 bills x 1 gram/bill = 70,000 grams

1 lb = 453.592 grams

70,000 grams x 1 lb/453.592 grams = 154 lbs.

$7 million in $100 bills = 154 lbs.

Last edited:

Ionian

What was Lalo's last comment after he said they were going back to Mexico? I couldn't make it out, even after replaying it a few times.

Great episode though, better than the last one which I thought was boring.

BeardGawd

Banned
Wouldn't Lalo need to know his real name to find his address?

What was Lalo's last comment after he said they were going back to Mexico? I couldn't make it out, even after replaying it a few times.

Great episode though, better than the last one which I thought was boring.
I think he said something like "it's gonna be a long night".

Ionian

Ah getcha, cheers for the answers. he said we got a "long way ahead of us", caught that and the Mexico part, but there's a tiny bit inbetween. Probably doesn't matter, was only a few words.

Last edited:
Just watching it back now.

Nacho: "What now?"

Lalo: "Mexico."

Nacho: "Back to the same place?"

Lalo: "No. Change of plans. ........Come on Nacho, (*or Ignacio, couldn't hear properly*) go. We got a loooong way ahead of us."

Grinchy

Banned
The thermos Kim got Saul is his symbol of their relationship and the cap of the tequila bottle is her symbol of their relationship. It's what they see in each other.

Saul's is about Kim's thoughtful and compassionate sides, Kim's is about how Jimmy makes her feel alive and in charge of her life by going after actual bad people and in turn helping the little guy.

And there is a reason we see that Saul got their "relationship" (aka the thermos) shot by a bullet.

And to add to that, when they were pushing Saul's car into the ravine, right at the last moment, even in a state of shock, he had to stop and go into the car and grab the thermos. In Kim's last moment in the office, after telling her assistant to grab all of her things (like her diplomas, ect), she went into the desk herself and grabbed the cork b/c it's the only item that truly mattered to her. They both thought of nothing else during a high intensity moment in their different escapes.

Last edited:

eot

Banned
It's the fake liquor Zafiro they made up for Breaking Bad

Javthusiast

Banned
By saving Saul and making it clear to Lalo that he should really look deeper into his own operation and think about why he can't trust his own people like Nacho to pick up the money etc. I think Kim signed Nachos death. I think Lalo is making him drive all the way to Mexico to have him then interrogated there.

By saving Saul and making it clear to Lalo that he should really look deeper into his own operation and think about why he can't trust his own people like Nacho to pick up the money etc. I think Kim signed Nachos death. I think Lalo is making him drive all the way to Mexico to have him then interrogated there.
holy shit i think youre right

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I didn’t think BCS was anything special until
his brother died. He was an absolutely horrible character. Every time he was on screen it was just ughhh,

After that I think it gradually got better and now has finally matched BB in terms of quality, but BB is to me the greatest TV drama ever. This show hasn’t matched the tension, the intrigue until this season to me.

Grinchy

Banned
If next week wasn't the final episode, I'd just assume Lalo wanted Nacho to smuggle him across the border in his car because Nacho was the last person he semi-trusted.

But since it's the last episode, yeah, he's gonna torture that guy and find out Gus was one step ahead this whole time and he's gonna come right back pissed off.

Reactions: eot

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
There's been a lot of foreshadowing that Kim is gonna get it, but I still think she survives.

BB and BCS are the best shows at foreshadowing and referencing back to older episodes that I've ever seen.

Bildo_Shaggins

Neo Member
What will us BB and BCS fans do after the series has ended? Will there be a third series somehow that will expand upon the BB universe?

Grinchy

Banned
Rhea Seahorn (Kim) may not be what many find conventionally attractive, but man I have wanted to brush my mustache clean and give her a place to sit since season 1. And she just keeps getting hotter to me.

When she's wearing jeans or pajama pants, you see how nice her ass is. Just a great body and she's smart and I just wanna....well I shouldn't go into more details but it would involve a gavel.

Bildo_Shaggins

Neo Member
Rhea Seahorn (Kim) may not be what many find conventionally attractive, but man I have wanted to brush my mustache clean and give her a place to sit since season 1. And she just keeps getting hotter to me.

When she's wearing jeans or pajama pants, you see how nice her ass is. Just a great body and she's smart and I just wanna....well I shouldn't go into more details but it would involve a gavel.
She comes off cold. FemDom is a good fit for her.

BeardGawd

Banned
Ayyyye it's about to be a full on war now. Any future house I own must have a secret passage from now on.

At first I thought the "unknown caller" was Lalo setting him up.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Can’t wait until next week!

You've gotta wait a little longer than that, that was the Season Finale. I suspect the final season will take a while to get underway due to the Covid stuff as well.

A good episode for the most part (Kim breaking Bad) but I can't say I was a fan of getting blue balled with the Mexico stuff I as hoping that was going to get resolved. Also, Michael Mando felt particularly stiff in his scenes tbh which didn't help matters either. I know that he's trying to convey fear, but at the same time, he looked petrified in every scene.

Don Eladio looking haggard as fuck as well. :messenger_confused:

Last edited:

Bildo_Shaggins

Neo Member
Ayyyye it's about to be a full on war now. Any future house I own must have a secret passage from now on.

At first I thought the "unknown caller" was Lalo setting him up.
My thoughts too especially when Lalo was out there by the fire pit.

Lalo was pretty fucking bad ass by the end of the episode.

Top Bottom